As A Hawk Fan When Was The Last Season You Couldn't

The hawks definitely have some patterns. With Kirk, a pass on first down whether incomplete or for little gain is almost always followed by a run to get the hawks a first down or more likely a 3rd and less than 5 yards to go. But I see a lot of teams do this even in the pros. It works if you have a really decent running attack that can go inside or outside making it harder for the defense to set up for.

But Brian is running on 3rd and long more which is off script and the hawks are picking up big yardage many times as the defense is in hard pass rush and the run play works.

I have noticed that the tight ends up the hashes has really been out of the offense this year as well as the up the sideline throw against zone behind the corner and in front of the safety. Maybe defenses are not in zone that much against the hawks. The tried that pass against Nebby last week and it was almost picked.

Brian has made strides on being more unpredictable, now we need to execute the first down plays he calls that are off-script better. Some really good calls the last two games that should have worked except for some major F-ups by one or two players. Michigan will be a huge test for Iowa so execution is everything.

I hear occasionally about a magical time before Kirk. I am not old enough to remember it. I guess I am trying to say that Brian Ferentz is the truth, cause that Greg Davis guy sucked.

Latest posts