Army Navy Game - anyone been?

Scotttyd

Any of you been to the Army - Navy game - on my bucket list - looking at Tickets (can't really get any through the two academies without giving a big donation) - what is the normal price for upper bowl vs lower bowl? Cheapest is $200 nose bleed behind the end zones - $500 to get lower bowl. Is this normal, will they go down when the game gets closer?

Went 4 times when I was in school. It is a neat experience. I haven't gone yet as a civilian, but I do monitor the ticket situation year to year. It seems to me that tickets are usually "sold out" by mid/late summer, so what you are seeing now is fairly true to form. I think prices you are seeing now are high and will come down later in the fall. Nose bleed might fall to ~$75. Better seats for maybe $150. Premium seats will probably stay closer to their current asking price. Since I've not gone recently, I can't tell you what the scalping situation is like on game day. Sorry. Oh, BTW BEAT NAVY!

thanks USBHawk - and thanks for your service!

There were zero public sales of the tickets apparently. Navy's allotment is sold out a month a go, Army has some, but you have to pay $750 to join their booster club, and at that level you can pay $95 for upper bowl tix. (at least it is tax deductible )

I think I will just watch and wait - since I will be flying in to Philly, don't want to mess with scalping, my luck I would unknowingly break some law and end up missing the game anyway

of the top 10 rivalry games that aren't Iowa related that I'd like to experience just for the atmosphere, army/navy would be right up there near the top

btw, how does it the atmosphere compare to Iowa/Purdue........obviously one of the most heated rivalries in all of sports.

I would like to disagree with you on rivalries in College Football, Every year in Jacksonville Florida Georgia comes matching into town to play Florida Gators . Very intense environment every year biggest event. The whole town are pack with Gators and Bulldogs .
(I grew up in Jacksonville).

One of my favorites. Triple option football is triple fun! When Iowa did option a bit with Brad Banks, I’d go a bit apey

It's on my bucket list as well. My bro was in the Army and as a just him and I thing to do someday I'd love to go with him to it. May be awhile he lives up by Minneapolis and who the hell knows what it'll cost in 10 yrs if we ever get around to doing it by then. I had no idea it was that expensive but I suppose it shouldn't surprise me.

Why do they play this in Philly? I wish they'd find a more centrally located place to do it. Or move it around yr to yr.

Why do they play this in Philly? I wish they'd find a more centrally located place to do it. Or move it around yr to yr.

There's more history in the article, but here's where the next few games will be played.

Philadelphia, which will host the contest for the 90th time on Dec. 10 of this year, won’t see it again until 2027. In between, the game will take an East Coast swing through four cities:

• 2023: Boston (Gillette Stadium, Foxborough, Mass.), Dec. 9.
  • 2024: Washington, D.C. (FedEx Field, Landover, Md.), Dec. 14.
  • 2025: Baltimore, Md. (M&T Bank Stadium), Dec. 13.
  • 2026: New York City (MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, N.J.), Dec. 11.

It's been on our bucket list for awhile.

RE: a more "central" location, the location is ideal, 1/2 way between West Point and Annapolis.

There's more history in the article, but here's where the next few games will be played.

Philadelphia, which will host the contest for the 90th time on Dec. 10 of this year, won’t see it again until 2027. In between, the game will take an East Coast swing through four cities:

• 2023: Boston (Gillette Stadium, Foxborough, Mass.), Dec. 9.
  • 2024: Washington, D.C. (FedEx Field, Landover, Md.), Dec. 14.
  • 2025: Baltimore, Md. (M&T Bank Stadium), Dec. 13.
  • 2026: New York City (MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, N.J.), Dec. 11.
Those east coasters think the world revolves around them. I know a lot of folks live within 50 miles of I 90 but come on.

Latest posts