Arkansas Reportedly Met with Steve Forbes in Iowa City

It all comes together. Well now that that's done, I've always been a huge supporter of Fran (especially is away from competition demeanor) but I was thinking a one word "no" response to your question doesn't help my arguement. You would think that a coach who had nothing to hide would want to say more than just no. Not a huge deal at all, just an observation that I would expect more from a guy with the personality that I believe Fran has. Maybe like a "no I haven't, I'm not sure where that rumor is coming from".

I thought for sure that lightning was on to something with his well thought out theory that Fran's agent threw out that rumor to suck more money out of Barta.

It all comes together. Well now that that's done, I've always been a huge supporter of Fran (especially is away from competition demeanor) but I was thinking a one word "no" response to your question doesn't help my arguement. You would think that a coach who had nothing to hide would want to say more than just no. Not a huge deal at all, just an observation that I would expect more from a guy with the personality that I believe Fran has. Maybe like a "no I haven't, I'm not sure where that rumor is coming from".

When he had time to talk later that day, he called me and we spoke off the record. He doesn’t like to text. I usually ask him yes or no questions because I’m aware of that.

I can’t share most of that conversation, but one thing I can share is him asking me, rhetorically - would I be dumb enough to meet with Arkansas in Iowa City?

When he had time to talk later that day, he called me and we spoke off the record. He doesn’t like to text. I usually ask him yes or no questions because I’m aware of that.

I can’t share most of that conversation, but one thing I can share is him asking me, rhetorically - would I be dumb enough to meet with Arkansas in Iowa City?
Don't leave us hanging, Rob. Did he tell you where they met? :D

And that is how a rumor starts! Glad Fran is staying. Looking forward to the next few years, even with TC leaving

To me, it seems that one of the bottom lines concerning Fran leaving IC is the fact that he has children in the IC school system. Iowa City is one of the best cities in America and his children have and are receiving an excellent education in a wholesome and safe environment.....

He also has an experienced team coming back with two highly regarded recruits and talented players who red-shirted last season ready to go when the season starts.....

Expectations are high and more than likely will achieve better results than 2 years ago. I am looking forward to it for certain.....

:cool:

Last edited:

That's good to hear thanks. That story fits more with my view of Fran as a person.

Never mentioned anything about that flight.
So do you think Fran's agent found out about the plane in Iowa City and decided to start the rumor to get a new contract? Or do you think it's a crazy coincidence that his agent randomly went with Arkansas as the team choice for the rumor and there happened to be a plane from Arkansas in IC the same day?

So do you think Fran's agent found out about the plane in Iowa City and decided to start the rumor to get a new contract? Or do you think it's a crazy coincidence that his agent randomly went with Arkansas as the team choice for the rumor and there happened to be a plane from Arkansas in IC the same day?
You'd have to ask Neil Cornrich about how best to get these things started.

Here’s what I think happened:

The New Mexico Twitter guy or someone he knew found the flight tracker info and ran with it. There was no “ace source.”
giphy.gif

Latest posts