Arizona

HerkyDog

I'm pretty sure this has been talked about already...

just whipping around the schedules of teams ahead of Iowa in the polls. Everybody, save Boise State and TCU, look vulnerable with how the schedule is shaking out. The most horrific looking schedule to me though, looks like 'Zona's. Which is not great for our Hawkeyes. @Oregon, @Oregon ST, @UCLA, and @Stanford.

Yikes... I have a feeling they will be celebrating the win over the Hawkeyes all year, 'cause I don't see them beating any of those teams right now. What do you think that does to the Hawks RPI if they drop all 4, and the Hawks are still cruising by season's end?

If Iowa is still cruising by the end of the season that implies that they beat Michigan, MSU, Wisc and OSU...that body of work trumps whatever happens to Arizona (IMO).

What I want to happen, is Zona to win all their games except at Oregon. I'd want Oregon to run the table that would most likely mean natl champ. game for them. The reason is that if we go the rest of the season without losing then we would likely get a rematch with zona in the rose bowl:D

What I want to happen, is Zona to win all their games except at Oregon. I'd want Oregon to run the table that would most likely mean natl champ. game for them. The reason is that if we go the rest of the season without losing then we would likely get a rematch with zona in the rose bowl:D

I think I would like that as well, but I think if the Rose loses the Big Ten or Pac 10 champ they have to pick a non-AQ school if one is elegible.

If Iowa is still cruising by the end of the season that implies that they beat Michigan, MSU, Wisc and OSU...that body of work trumps whatever happens to Arizona (IMO).

Agreed, I don't care about the Arizona loss anymore. Take care of business and everything else will take care of itself.

I think your right CFHawk.

Hey, I hope 'Zona wins out just like most everybody. I was just looking at all the schedules, and it just struck me as a brutal journey for them through the Pac 10. I think one of the interesting games of the weekend will actually be that ISU-Utah game.

Would be funny to see ISU pick up our RPI if the expected 'Zona cave in happens. Thay've looked fairly good since the Hawks took 'em to the woodshed. Also be very interested in the Michigan-MSU game. I'm all set to travel to Ann Arbor. May be the only game I get to this year

I'm pretty sure this has been talked about already...

just whipping around the schedules of teams ahead of Iowa in the polls. Everybody, save Boise State and TCU, look vulnerable with how the schedule is shaking out. The most horrific looking schedule to me though, looks like 'Zona's. Which is not great for our Hawkeyes. @Oregon, @Oregon ST, @UCLA, and @Stanford.

Yikes... I have a feeling they will be celebrating the win over the Hawkeyes all year, 'cause I don't see them beating any of those teams right now. What do you think that does to the Hawks RPI if they drop all 4, and the Hawks are still cruising by season's end?

If we had beat Arizona, I would be rooting hard for them to win the Pac-10 and help our SOS as much as possible. But since we lost I'm not too worried about it, if we win the B10 we'll be in a BCS game and it will still be a great season and right now that's all we can control.

But I don't think Oregon St is that good, and UCLA is up and down, they were losing to a terrible Wash St team at home in the 3rd quarter this past weekend, so Arizona can easily win either of those games.

If (and it's a big if) Arizona plays as well and comes out prepared as they did against us, they can beat any team on their schedule. Don't think it's going to happen, but they are capable.

I would love this scenario and show them the fluke that was that game!

Assuming Oregon's in the title game against an undefeated Alabama team, we'd most likely be playing an undefeated Boise State team in the Rose Bowl in this scenario.

Assuming Oregon's in the title game against an undefeated Alabama team, we'd most likely be playing an undefeated Boise State team in the Rose Bowl in this scenario.

This. Baring BSU somehow making the BCS Champ game, if there is an undefeated B10+1+1 or P12 team BSU will be in the Rose Bowl. If somehow BSU falters, then it will be TCU, Utah or someone else like that.

ISU can help by knocking off Utah this Saturday. If all three teams have a loss, then they might not be AQ's, hence a potential Rose Bowl birth would open for us even if we lose (and only lose to) tOSU.

If we win out, none of it matters and we go to Pasadena.

Latest posts