Arizona State's Trent Lockett

JugadorHawk

ASU's leading scorer is Looking to transfer closer to his home in Minnesota to be closer to his ailing mother. Lockett, a 6-foot-4 guard averaged 13 points, 5.8 rebounds and 2.2 assists last season. He shot 49.8 percent from the field and 41.2 percent from 3-point range. He is scheduled to graduate this summer as a junior and would be able to play IMMEDIATELY.

Arizona State's Trent Lockett asks for scholarship release

This could be the big name transfer Fran was talking about. This would be a good pickup. Especially for a year and then his scholarship opens up for the year after. However, I would guess the Clownies are all over this guy too.

I would hope Fran and staff are on top of this. Sounds like a possible answer to alot of our needs.

ISU was one of the last school's he eliminated out of high school if I remember correctly. ISU's scholarship numbers may not allow it. Without Royce they are right at the number.

I believe he was on the same undefeated team with Royce in high school.

ISU was one of the last school's he eliminated out of high school if I remember correctly. ISU's scholarship numbers may not allow it. Without Royce they are right at the number.

Eye On College Basketball - CBSSports.com Source: Iowa State's Royce White headed to NBA

Not sure that they could handle it anyway with white leaving like cydkar said, but if playing wiht Royce was going to be a draw that leverage is now gone.

Something is seriously wrong in that program. Creekmur transfered last week, and now this. If I remember correctly, it was mentioned in the Creekmur article that there had been several transfers.

Cydkar- How many open ships does ISU have with Allen/Christopherson graduating and White leaving?

I see they have 4 commits and that should leave 9 remaining guys on the roster? Unless somebody listed is a walkon and I didn't realize it, but that would be 13 guys and no room for a transfer correct?

Something is seriously wrong in that program. Creekmur transfered last week, and now this. If I remember correctly, it was mentioned in the Creekmur article that there had been several transfers.

Herb Sendek is nearing Todd Lickliter status. 12 transfers in four years. The only program with sustained success with slow-paced basketball in a major conference is Wisconsin.

Cydkar- How many open ships does ISU have with Allen/Christopherson graduating and White leaving?

I see they have 4 commits and that should leave 9 remaining guys on the roster? Unless somebody listed is a walkon and I didn't realize it, but that would be 13 guys and no room for a transfer correct?

When Royce leaves they will be right at 13. For Lockett, or anyone else, to come to ISU somebody will have to transfer. Two players have been rumored for months but it's been pure speculation. We've been one over the limit ever since Naz Long committed months ago. Royce leaving opens that up.

I don't think Fred knew Royce would leave for sure so I expect one to open up from somebody. I don't know if using it on Lockett is the primary goal. We are/were in on a pretty good big.

Royce leaving, just gets us down to the right number because we have 4 coming in next year (minus Scotty, Chris Allen, Royce, Bubu).

Very likely there will be 1-2 transfers though, so we will still probably take 1 more, IMO. Sledge and Railey have both been rumored to be transfers at one point or another, and neither get any PT to speak of.

Our biggest need though is another big man to fill Royce's void. Pelle was scheduled for a visit, and then mysteriously cancelled, but appears to be high on ISU. He's visiting San Diego St this weekend, and is from out there, so they might be in the lead for his services.

His A/T ratio is a bit scary.

Apparently he was forced to play PG after their original starter was injured. I think if he plays in an open offense (like ours ;)) as an off guard instead of playing the "Butler Way" then I think those turnovers won't be as prominent.

Wow, he would replace Gatens for a year and also allow the younger guys to develop some for a year. Then he is gone and the younger guys should be ready to roll and we have another scholly open. This sure seems ideal to me for what this team needs to go dancing next year, which is our goal. Unless we can get a 4-5* stud with this last scholly, I say GO GET HIM FRAN!

Latest posts