Are you kidding me? Adam Rittenberg SHAME!

Hal9000

Banned
We are going to publish articles on a team that probably won't be playing a football season in 2012?

PSU secondary aims to quiet skeptics - Big Ten Blog - ESPN

Adam Rittenberg is doing exactly what PSU wants to do, sweep this under the rug and move on with no repercussions. Please let ESPN know that you believe that there is no reason to write articles on PSU football with the attitude of the Wizard of Oz (e.g. Do Not Look Behind the Curtian). Articles like this at a time like this are all that is wrong with sports and society in our present context and parlance of our times.

We are going to publish articles on a team that probably won't be playing a football season in 2012?

Adam Rittenberg is doing exactly what PSU wants to do, sweep this under the rug and move on with no repercussions. Please let ESPN know that you believe that there is no reason to write articles on PSU football with the attitude of the Wizard of Oz (e.g. Do Not Look Behind the Curtian). Articles like this at a time like this are all that is wrong with sports and society in our present context and parlance of our times.

Doubtful any sanctions get handed down for the 2012 season - only 6 weeks away. He's writing about football, not waxing on whether they should be playing football. There's plenty of others at ESPN.com who are doing the latter.

If, and that's a big if, PSU gets any sort of death penalty it is highly unlikely it would be handed down before the season starts. Even if it was handed down before the season starts it would be at least next season before it was in force.

What is this I don't even...

Adam is doing what he's told. As of now they will field a team sooo. If PSU fans do want to hear about whats going on with new coaches and the team going out there I don't have a problem with it. If I was a PSU football fan. I'd be curious too this could help them try and get over whats gone on too. Their fans have to be pretty down too. Remember current players coaching staff have nothing to do with what has gone on. The nutty fans that have defended Paterno blindly like he's God I think have to share some blame for the culture out there. But they also have normal fans that would like an update to what's going on. Adam writing that doesn't hurt a thing.

Look, I'm the king of the burn Pedo State to the ground brigade, but Rittenberg is just doing his day job, as ridiculous as it may seem given current circumstances.

Wow. Now if you even mention the words "Penn State" you get knifed. Ooops. What is that sharp feeling in the back of my neck? OMG

I am afraid that all of those who think PSU is going to get smacked down by either the NCAA or the Big Ten are going to be sorely disappointed.

yeah well well Joe Pa was just doing his job by reporting it to his higher ups man, he was just dong his day job, so why is that any different!? lay off joe notrape! stupid auto correct, Paterno.

/reeeeeeeeeach

I am afraid that all of those who think PSU is going to get smacked down by either the NCAA or the Big Ten are going to be sorely disappointed.

Agreed, but in the event that they do come down hard on PSU (as I feel they should) with all the time spent on the investigation and any appeal by the university I don't see how anything would take place before or during this years season.

Latest posts