Are we the best 12 loss team in the country?

newtonavenue

Tough to say. I think it comes down to us (RPI 130, Kenpom 109), Tennessee (RPI 110, Kenpom 81), Villanova (RPI 95, Kenpom 78), Clemson (RPI 173, Kenpom 84) and Oklahoma State (13 losses, RPI 107, Kenpom 89). In my mind it's us though.

Regardless, it's pretty good company to be in. I see us going 5-1 or 6-0 over the last 6 games and picking up at least 1, up to 3, games in the tourney, putting our final record anywhere from 22-13 to 19-14. That equates to an 11/12 seed in the tourney or a 1 seed in the NIT. Definitely are BACK!

On Iowa!

I understand what youre saying but this might be the most worthless thread ever. cant we start another kozan thread?!?!

Last edited:
Wow, this is hot topic here...who is the best 12 loss team in the country?

Since it is a topic lets take a real hard look...no

Tough to say. I think it comes down to us (RPI 130, Kenpom 109), Tennessee (RPI 110, Kenpom 81), Villanova (RPI 95, Kenpom 78), Clemson (RPI 173, Kenpom 84) and Oklahoma State (13 losses, RPI 107, Kenpom 89). In my mind it's us though.

Regardless, it's pretty good company to be in. I see us going 5-1 or 6-0 over the last 6 games and picking up at least 1, up to 3, games in the tourney, putting our final record anywhere from 22-13 to 19-14. That equates to an 11/12 seed in the tourney or a 1 seed in the NIT. Definitely are BACK!

On Iowa!

We are worse than any of those teams. Clemson has the worst RPI and they beat us by 16 at home. Our talent level is much much much much much lower than any of those teams.

i think you have way to many "much" in your assesment, Marble was getting over a concussion, Cartwright had a hamstring injury and a concussion, White was just starting out, Basabe had his own problems he was dealing with, i would like to see them play Clemson, Cambell and UNI now as i believe the results would be totally different, as this Iowa team is not the same team that started the season.
they are better than people give them credit for
I said a long time ago when Fran was hired it will be baby steps, there was to much of the Lick influence on this team to flush out of this team overnight, next season the majority of it will be gone, i would love to have seen Gatens develope under Fran or Alford rather than Lick for 4 years

On Iowa!

3mg9.jpg

On Iowa!

I'm being asked if we are the best 12 loss team in country and of the other teams to choose from is a team in Clemson that came to Carver and beat us by 16 points. Now that is hilarious.

For the record if Iowa finishes the season 22-13 they they will be a lock to the big Dance, because they would have won the Big Ten Tourny Championship.

Last edited:
I'm being asked if we are the best 12 loss team in country and of the other teams to choose from is a team in Clemson that came to Carver and beat us by 16 points. Now that is hilarious.

For the record if Iowa finishes the season 22-13 they they will be a lock to the big Dance, because they would have won the Big Ten Tourny Championship.

Good point. Also, I agree about playing Clemson again. Teams get better as the season goes on, and I'd put us as one of the most improved teams from game 1 to 25 in the country.

With all due respect, isn't this like an old lady bragging about having the nicest boobs in the nursing home? :)

Good point. Also, I agree about playing Clemson again. Teams get better as the season goes on, and I'd put us as one of the most improved teams from game 1 to 25 in the country.

We just lost by 19 to Northwestern. Got beat at home by Nebraska. Sure we have gotten a little better but our game keeps rearing it's ugly head

With all due respect, isn't this like an old lady bragging about having the nicest boobs in the nursing home? :)

With all due respect, why don't you go back to the Fanatic? Iowa State is another team I wouldn't mind seeing again now that Aaron White has matured into an arguable freshman All-American teamer.

Iowa State is another team I wouldn't mind seeing again now that Aaron White has matured into an arguable freshman All-American teamer.

I agree with this, but only if we get the Cyclones at The Carver. Hilton is probably a 10 or 15 point advantage (ISU lost at Kansas by 9; ISU beat Kansas at The Hilton by 8). We only lost by 10. I'm guessing Iowa would win by 5 if played at The Carver.

With all due respect, why don't you go back to the Fanatic? Iowa State is another team I wouldn't mind seeing again now that Aaron White has matured into an arguable freshman All-American teamer.

I agree with this, but only if we get the Cyclones at The Carver. Hilton is probably a 10 or 15 point advantage (ISU lost at Kansas by 9; ISU beat Kansas at The Hilton by 8). We only lost by 10. I'm guessing Iowa would win by 5 if played at The Carver.

I hate the Clowns as much as you guys but they killed us in that game. 10 point game that really was a 25 point game. And sure we have gotten a little better but they have gotten much better. Carver, Hilton, or on the moon, that ISU team would beat us by 20 still. Have you guys seen our 3 point defense? You guys watched ISU shoot the ball? Not good for us

I'm with Ian. My moneys on Tennessee. They are trending upward, something I thought we would be doing by now, but really aren't.

Way too much Hawkeye vodka. I think we win 2of the last 6 (could be 1 or 3) and get bounced in the first round of the tournament. Not even the NIT.

Latest posts