Are we looking at Barkley Hill from Cedar Rapids?

He was at the Junior day along with one of his teammates so the Hawks are definetly looking. One of the recruiting websites tweeted that.

I work with a guy who is friends with Harrington's father and he says that James' first love is hoopyball. Which is unfortunate, because the kid is crazy fast and could actually be one of the few kids that Iowa would recruit as a true DB in recent years.

However, I have heard the freshman lineman on that Cedar Falls team could be the real deal. 6'4" and somewhere around 250 as a 9th grader? That's a lot of frame to put some extra weight on in the next few years. Anyone know anything more about this guy?

I work with a guy who is friends with Harrington's father and he says that James' first love is hoopyball. Which is unfortunate, because the kid is crazy fast and could actually be one of the few kids that Iowa would recruit as a true DB in recent years.

It may depend on what kind of offers he gets for each sport. If he gets a couple of D1 football rides (or even one, say, from Iowa) and only small school interest in bball, it may not matter what his first love is/was. IIRC, Christian French liked basketball more than football until the offers started rolling in.

It may depend on what kind of offers he gets for each sport. If he gets a couple of D1 football rides (or even one, say, from Iowa) and only small school interest in bball, it may not matter what his first love is/was. IIRC, Christian French liked basketball more than football until the offers started rolling in.

That makes sense, I wasn't aware that French was that into basketball as well. Maybe he was butt-hurt because 'ol Roy W. didn't come knocking on his door like we all know he loves to do around these parts.

Early word on Harrington is that his only 2 (majorly) interested schools in hoopyball at this point are UNI and the little sisters from (L)Ames. IMO, a football offer from the Hawks could/would sway his love away from roundball if this continues to be the case.. yes?

That makes sense, I wasn't aware that French was that into basketball as well. Maybe he was butt-hurt because 'ol Roy W. didn't come knocking on his door like we all know he loves to do around these parts.

Early word on Harrington is that his only 2 (majorly) interested schools in hoopyball at this point are UNI and the little sisters from (L)Ames. IMO, a football offer from the Hawks could/would sway his love away from roundball if this continues to be the case.. yes?

Harrington received an offer from Indiana State for basketball last year. He is THE primary reason Cedar Falls is ranked 6th right now. He was brought up as a freshman to play point halfway after the first 6 or 8 games and took what was a team destined for .500 to the state tournament. Great ball handler, extremely quick, great passer. Three point shooting is his only question mark right now, 2/19 for 10.5% percent last year and 1/6 so far this year. About 85% from the line currently too and averaging over 20 points a game.

To answer your question, at this time Iowa is not looking at the kid. According to Scout.com, Iowa does not have any interest in Hill or Harrington.

Here's the link:

Scout.com: Football Recruiting

Interesting take, but I disagree. I would say that Hill and Harrington each attending Iowa's junior day this past weekend indicates that the Hawks are interested in both of these kids. I suspect both will get offers at some point, especially if they show up at Iowa camps this summer and perform reasonably well.

To answer your question, at this time Iowa is not looking at the kid. According to Scout.com, Iowa does not have any interest in Hill or Harrington.

Here's the link:

Scout.com: Football Recruiting

You can't go by this. They didn't have Hillyer on the board as an Iowa interest until he committed and they still don't have Williams committed to Purdue. Also, i believe the QB Gregory has an offer and isn't on the board either. Scout is slow, and they don't necessarily put up local kids (quickly) unless they have the talent to be recruited widely.

Latest posts