Are we looking at 0-18? 1-17? 2-16?

iahawk20

In the Big 10? At this point, I see the best case scenario of 2-16 in league play. I am guessing we win one game but 0-18 is very possible.

I think they will win a few. It looks like anybody in the bottom half is beatable. I am not going to sit here and pick games, but my gut tells me they will win some!

I don't see how they win. They haven't even been competitive except for the first half of Purdue when they couldn't hit a shot and, I guess the first half of Michigan State (although I didn't have any faith that they were coming back from down 8).

I know Purdue and Michigan State are good and Minnesota isn't bad either but I'm not impressed with Illinois and that game was over in a couple of minutes.

In the Big 10? At this point, I see the best case scenario of 2-16 in league play. I am guessing we win one game but 0-18 is very possible.

I predicted 0 big ten wins early into the season. As I said then, I hope I am wrong.

Something tells me that they will win a game or two, based on their play so far into the big 10 portion. Vs. purdue and Vs. MSU, they hung around awhile. They just have no guard play, and in basketball at this level, you have to have guard play. Heck, sometimes it is just a success for these guys to get it beyond midcourt.

I think they will win a few. It looks like anybody in the bottom half is beatable. I am not going to sit here and pick games, but my gut tells me they will win some!

I'm not sure who is more annoying, you or that Dumb F'ing turniptruck. Quit trolling and go back to the Cyclown board.

I predicted 0 big ten wins early into the season. As I said then, I hope I am wrong.

Something tells me that they will win a game or two, based on their play so far into the big 10 portion. Vs. purdue and Vs. MSU, they hung around awhile. They just have no guard play, and in basketball at this level, you have to have guard play. Heck, sometimes it is just a success for these guys to get it beyond midcourt.

Our style of play could give us an upset. Odds our the threes will probably fall at a decent rate one night and since we run up the shot clock on our side we limit the possessions the other team gets. One night those shots won't fall (hopefully, of course it's hard for shots not to fall when allow layups all the time). That's probably how we spring an upset.

Yes 1 of 3 will happen. Iowa will not win more than 2 games in the Big Ten. It's crazy to think Iowa is 3 years away from being a NCAA Tourny Team. Seriously anyone saying otherwise is not thinking logically. This team and the class coming in is just not enough, those that think they are not thinking logically. The Key is going to be the 2011 class. Lick quite honestly is in survival mode. The comments I hear during Radio and TV broadcast tell me that we as fans not the only ones shaking their heads. It's Ugly.

It's not just a magical season that is going to bring this fan base back, it's a consistent run to the NCAA's.

My feeling is that Iowa is probably the worst team of all of the major Conferences.

Yes 1 of 3 will happen. Iowa will not win more than 2 games in the Big Ten. It's crazy to think Iowa is 3 years away from being a NCAA Tourny Team. Seriously anyone saying otherwise is not thinking logically. This team and the class coming in is just not enough, those that think they are not thinking logically. The Key is going to be the 2011 class. Lick quite honestly is in survival mode. The comments I hear during Radio and TV broadcast tell me that we as fans not the only ones shaking their heads. It's Ugly.

It's not just a magical season that is going to bring this fan base back, it's a consistent run to the NCAA's.

My feeling is that Iowa is probably the worst team of all of the major Conferences.
If that's the key, we are probably in more trouble. Assuming no one leaving, we only have one scholarship for that year.

As bas as things are, I still don't think the Hawks go winless, but what's the difference really, between 0-18 and 2-16? Both are pretty equally awful in my mind, although to get totally skunked is as bad as it can get.

I guess I will predict 2-16. The PSU game, and pick one from the NW/Indiana games. I would be shocked if we win a road game.

I'm not sure who is more annoying, you or that Dumb F'ing turniptruck. Quit trolling and go back to the Cyclown board.

Who are you??? Must be new to the board, huh??? I have been on this site since day one and a member of the old site for nearly 6 years. Ask around pal, I am a Hawk fan through and through! And I do think Iowa will win a couple games in conference. Not sure what about that ruffled your sensitive little feathers??? At least 3 of the first 4 games have come against teams that will finish in the top half of the big 10. I think Iowa will be more competitive against teams in the lower half as the season progresses!

That's the first time I have ever been accused of being a Cyclone troll. Very funny!!! As a matter of fact, I have never posted on any Cyclone site nor do I have any desire to do so!!!

Last edited:
I can not believe you were accused of being a Cyclone troll,foreverhawk. Thats almost funny!How come you aren't on the other site anymore?

I can not believe you were accused of being a Cyclone troll,foreverhawk. Thats almost funny!How come you aren't on the other site anymore?

The dude must have me confused with another poster??? I go to the other site a few times a week. I post out here more so now. I do like both sites!

Come on, let's be realistic, IF THAT'S POSSIBLE on this board.

After last year's defections, I don't believe any of us expected Iowa to end up better than 9th to 11th in the league this year. We all knew then that this year was going to be a struggle.

So far we have played four Big Ten games against competition that is currently a combined 50-13. Granted we have not looked good but Purdue and Michigan State are both expected to be in the running for top seeds in March Madness and appear to have good shots at possibly making the Final Four. Minnesota also looks like a tournament team and will probably end up somewhere between 3rd and 5th in the league. The Illinois game was brutal but they are coming off an OT loss to a very good Gonzaga team and are sitting 3-0 in the league.

While I wish it was better I think we will win 3 or 4 games in the league. Right now I would guess the Penn State game, the Ohio State game, the Michigan game and the Indiana game, all at home, are the best shots to get wins. Maybe the team can pick someone else off, including Illinois at home, to do a bit better.

Not good but as I stated previously, about what was expected long ago.

Latest posts