Are we fed up yet ?

trtrdf

Look people, if you can't see the writing on the wall with how Barta is handling every aspect of this search, then you must be blind.. I bet Bobby H. doesn't have much to say on the committe, he just makes phone calls.. do you really think a good coach is going to look at ia. and Barta and say "WOW" I can trust this guy.. Hey he even Told Steve, and Todd they would up-grade the facilities, but have they even broken ground.. why would a good coach want to come here with the talent that is coming back.. we really only have 2 big ten players on the team, and guess what one of them isn't Matt Gatens.. Ia. b.ball is pretty low when mid major coach's are saying no to an interview with him.. Maybe we should go after Steve Lavin, at least his wife is hot, and she would be sitting behind the bench.. Bara is a "Toad" He should be next to go..

Last edited:
Look people, if you can't see the writing on the wall with how Barta is handling every aspect of this search, then you must be blind.. I bet Bobby H. doesn't have much to say on the committe, he just makes phone calls.. do you really think a good coach is going to look at ia. and Barta and say "WOW" I can trust this guy.. Hey even Told Steve, and Todd they would up-grade the facilities, but have they even broken ground.. why would a good coach want to come here with the talent that is coming back.. we really only have 2 big ten players on the team, and guess what one of them isn't Matt Gatens.. Ia. b.ball is pretty low when mid major coach's are saying no to an interview with him.. Maybe we should go after Steve Lavin, at least his wife is hot, and she would be sitting behind the bench.. Bara is a "Toad" He should be next to go..

They haven't broken ground? So when I go to Iowa BB games, that huge hole behind Carver doesn't really exist? Interesting.

Look people, if you can't see the writing on the wall with how Barta is handling every aspect of this search, then you must be blind.. I bet Bobby H. doesn't have much to say on the committe, he just makes phone calls.. do you really think a good coach is going to look at ia. and Barta and say "WOW" I can trust this guy.. Hey even Told Steve, and Todd they would up-grade the facilities, but have they even broken ground.. why would a good coach want to come here with the talent that is coming back.. we really only have 2 big ten players on the team, and guess what one of them isn't Matt Gatens.. Ia. b.ball is pretty low when mid major coach's are saying no to an interview with him.. Maybe we should go after Steve Lavin, at least his wife is hot, and she would be sitting behind the bench.. Bara is a "Toad" He should be next to go..

It looks broken to me.

OxBlue Construction Camera: Carver-Hawkeye Arena Addition and Renovation

or maybe we can wait more than twelve days to actually see who is hired before we freak out. just a thought.

i've said it before and i'll repeat it: anyone who thought we were going to fire lickliter and have a bunch of successful, well-known coaches elbowing each other to interview with us was fooling themselves. there were a lot of reasons to fire lick; the idea that we could immediately swap him for a bona fide coaching star was not one of them.

or maybe we can wait more than twelve days to actually see who is hired before we freak out. just a thought.

i've said it before and i'll repeat it: anyone who thought we were going to fire lickliter and have a bunch of successful, well-known coaches elbowing each other to interview with us was fooling themselves. there were a lot of reasons to fire lick; the idea that we could immediately swap him for a bona fide coaching star was not one of them.

So you're saying that the list of nobodies that we're hearing about is what we should have expected, yet at the same time, you're telling us not to freak out.

Ok, we should be happy and content that we stink. Sounds like the thoughts from some of you regarding this season's basketball team.

4th Post....we have a situation here.....Did I just say that...now we will see the situation pic...

This post reads like poorly translated instructions to a cheap chinese mp3 player i got once.

So you're saying that the list of nobodies that we're hearing about is what we should have expected, yet at the same time, you're telling us not to freak out.

Ok, we should be happy and content that we stink. Sounds like the thoughts from some of you regarding this season's basketball team.

i'm saying that if you thought premium coaches were begging to come coach for us, you were fooling yourself. this was always the risk of firing lickliter-- there was no guarantee that we get someone that we would know would be better.

you can criticize barta all you want, and if the basketball program doesn't show signs of life in the next two years, he's probably gone anyway. but what is he supposed to lure bruce pearl or lon kruger with?

low attendance
player discontent
poor facilities
cutthroat conference competition
3 coaches in 11 years
high fan expectations
cold weather
small town of 65,000

oh, a blank check, right? you don't think tennesse would match any offer to pearl that we could possibly make? any bcs school that likes their coach will be able to match iowa's offer. it's that simple.

the next coach is not going to come in and ride a big name to success. (which is fine with me... we tried that with alford, remember?). he's not going to be coach of the year (again... fine with me). he's just going to be a guy who's going to have to work his *** off and make a name for himself at iowa. it is not a destination job-- maybe it was ten years ago, but not anymore. you can blame a lot of people for that, but we might as well just accept it and move on. unless you want to fire barta... which will make the job even less attractive to a new coach!

Some of you guys must have a lot more knowledge than the rest us. Everything is speculation. You dont know who they have contacted,who they are looking at or who they are going to hire. Before you fire Barta and bail out on Iowa BB,Why dont you wait and see who they hire before you s--- yourself.