Are we ever going to get a schedule?

InGoodCo

22 days until the season officially starts and we have no idea who they are playing and when.

22 days until the season officially starts and we have no idea who they are playing and when.
Probably trying to avoid issuing it and having to make a whole bunch of revisions. With C19 taking off again I’d also bet there are schools that are supposed to be on our schedule waffling on their end whether they’ll have games or not.

I get it, we're in a pandemic and some games are probably gonna be subject to change, but to not know who and when for anything that is 22 days away seems kind of crazy. Like, we have NO idea what this team is going to be doing this season besides a handful of dates and we're 3 weeks out.

I get it, we're in a pandemic and some games are probably gonna be subject to change, but to not know who and when for anything that is 22 days away seems kind of crazy. Like, we have NO idea what this team is going to be doing this season besides a handful of dates and we're 3 weeks out.
I wonder if Fran even knows :)

I just looked at every B1G school's basketball schedule page, and no one has anything. Maryland says "coming soon" and lists two of their b1G/ACC games, Iowa has two games, most of all the rest just have the 19/20 schedules still listed. The whole conference is in this boat.

Here's my personal thought/guess...

Covid is ramping up, and the reason everything is so quiet is because I'm betting there are going to be some sort of bombshells dropped here pretty quick with all the pandemic projections. I'm guessing they want to avoid the fiasco football had when they issued a schedule and then a couple days later cancelled the season.

Now I'm not saying the season is getting cancelled, and I'm not in any way making a statement about how I think or don't think covid should be handled, but I do think there's a distinct possibility of something big happening. With what we've seen over the past 8 months I'm not ruling anything out.

I’m not convinced there will be a season. I read the B1G cancelled the women’s Big 10/ACC challenge. Why will the men be allowed to go forward and not the women?

I mean it would only make sense if the two years Iowa had the best chance of a deep tourney run both got canceled...

If you're gonna be dumb [a Hawk fan], you gotta be tough.

All we know is Nov. 25th is the first-day colleges can play and I'd guess we will too.

Can't wait to hear Fran's sideline banter in an empty arena. Or most other coaches for that matter.

I went to one of those doubleheaders at Carver when Eustachy was coaching at Southern Miss (they were playing in the early game and the winner would play the Hox the next day). There were so few people in there that you could hear the individual hecklers yelling at Eustachy. And you could hear him yelling. Went to some of those Friday morning Big Ten Tourney games that were the same way. I absolutely love that setup so long as you have a couple of good hecklers in the house within earshot of the coach.

yeah, I mean, we all know it's subject to change due to Covid - why not at least release what their ideal plan is? 15 days til teams can start playing. Still no schedule.

It's starting to feel like an open gym. You turn on the TV totally in the dark as to what teams are playing, enjoy the show, and check back in the next day. Schedules are for planners.

Well, it's safe to say the conference schedulers are waiting for the last second in case there are virus breakouts. It's still affecting football so....
Hopefully, they are working on a "bubble" contingency just in case.

Latest posts