Are the Clowns due?

This Saturday is a big game for both teams. If Iowa expects to have a great year they really need this one to get the ball rolling.

Lose, and it’s just another 7-5 season and that’s football, chomp, chomp, chomp!!!

One more thing................... I had to run an errand last Saturday and missed the end of the first half.I watched it yesterday. I see Kirk still has serious issues with time management. Left two timeouts on the board and could have run at least two to three more plays to try to score a TD. End up having to kick a field goal because time ran out. Just DUMB.

Last edited:
In another thread, someone posted that in our last 18 games as road favorites, we are 15-3 ATS and 17-1 straight up. That’s insane!

We do that and we'll be in the conversation for dark horses to make the playoff.

Lose big and the narrative is that we might be a 6-6 team, headed for the Meinicke Car Care Bowl.
Not the ISU isn't an AMAZING football proram, but...

I'm guessing that even if Iowa spanks ISU, the talk until, oh - Tuesday will be how Iowa beat an unranked in-state rival. They may talk about dark horse playoff possibilities if Iowa runs the table.

I have some library books that are "due" , and I suspect many Iowa fans will be traveling "due" West tomorrow morning. Having said that, lets just hope that having to travel back "due" East will be a very enjoyable ride!

No, but i do think ISU puts up one helluva fight. Our line will start to wear them down eventually. We need to run the ball, open up the defense for our receivers. I can't wait !! 18 holes at 10am, kickoff at 3pm, and plenty of beers in between.....Go Hawks!

Sounds like a good day. Same here. 7:19 tee time, pick up grill items, beer,....grill...drink...football

No way do we lose big. Let's whip these bitchez like it's 2016!

The big, big winning spreads most always go in Iowa's favor in this series. Even KF's first 2 teams came close to beating ISU. KF has lost his share of these games but usually by close scores (many times hawk fans would say some of these games were almost given away).

Fry lost one game early in his series by about 10-14 points and I think his last game against ISU by 17-20 when Rosenfels had a big game.

I'm guessing that even if Iowa spanks ISU, the talk until, oh - Tuesday will be how Iowa beat an unranked in-state rival. They may talk about dark horse playoff possibilities if Iowa runs the table.
Some of that type of narrative is understandable. Kirk has built his reputation on winning a bunch of games over a long career at one school. His coaching history at Iowa isn't filled with signature wins. He is a longevity success, not a top level, elite coach. In fact, I would guess lots of us would think of Kirk as a coach who has pissed away lots of opportunities, just about, but seldom enough.

Until Iowa beats ISU then beats Michigan in a couple weeks.
I'm not worried about our backfield, that is one position that someone always emerges out of nowhere. Phil does an excellent job there.

No, they are the clowns. They stink, they have always stunk, and they will always stink.

This is the Hawkeye State! There is nothing that the clowns can do about that.

Latest posts