Apparently Baylor and ISU think the 3 point shot is just about the only shot to take

Re: Apparently Baylor and ISU think the 3 point shot is just about the only shot to t

at least half way through the first half. Chuck, chuck, chuck, and chuck some more from the 3 line........

If you can hit them consistently, then why in the hell not keep chucking them up? 3 points > 2 points.

Last edited:
Re: Apparently Baylor and ISU think the 3 point shot is just about the only shot to t

It wasn't to tough last year even without Babb. Iowa State still was able to get its points against OSU in what was pretty close to what you could call a road game.

Teams that D up really well don't worry me with Iowa State. Hoiberg finds holes and the team always gets their points. What worries me is teams like Iowa. Teams that get up and down the court quick and can score with ISU. Those teams will give Iowa State more of a fit as we saw when Iowa played them.

Hey everyone, Wassabe logged in under his other name today!

Serious question.
How many NCAA tournaments did Iowa participate in the last 2 seasons?

2 seniors in this year's rotation, for the record. Ejim and Kane.

Serious question... Why the frank does hogue play with a toothpick in his mouth? Really? Can't he just mix in a tooth brush or gargle scope once in awhile for his plaque issues? Seems real extreme.
If it's a superstition... Id love to hear the back story on how that genius idea originated...

ISU hasn’t played anyone with a pulse outside of Hilton. Thats totally kewl they won a home game - we’ve won 18 straight at Carver.

Also, what’s up with the "B12 is best conference" garbage?

ISU hasn’t played anyone with a pulse outside of Hilton. Thats totally kewl they won a home game - we’ve won 18 straight at Carver.

BYU was doing pretty solid until their 4-game losing streak. I'd say that's still a pretty good win though. The win vs. Boise State is kind of solid too, but that was on a neutral court. Point still stands that they haven't really beaten anybody outside of Hilton. It'll be interesting to see how the B12 slate goes for them. And I definitely do not think that the B12 is the best conference in bball right now. Kansas is very beatable at this point, and we still need to see how ISU does outside of Hilton.

Big 12 has 7 good teams. Zero elite teams. I expect 6 to make the dance. Jon rothstein had a good article about it today actually.

Triple Threat: Why the Big Ten is still ahead of the Big 12

And I agree, Iowa State will lose 4-5 road games this year. Because of the solid teams across the board but nobody great I expect most teams to be in the same boat. I expect 2 teams to tie at 14-4 or 3 to tie at 13-5 for the chip.

I will say I think the big 10 has a better collection of coaches. Drew and Ford can get all the talent but they are not good game coaches and their teams are perplexing. Self is the best in the biz IMO but his foray into one and done hasn't worked. Barnes doesn't recruit like he used to. Kruger is good but mostly just solid not spectacular.

Big 12 has 7 good teams. Zero elite teams. I expect 6 to make the dance. Jon rothstein had a good article about it today actually.

Triple Threat: Why the Big Ten is still ahead of the Big 12

And I agree, Iowa State will lose 4-5 road games this year. Because of the solid teams across the board but nobody great I expect most teams to be in the same boat. I expect 2 teams to tie at 14-4 or 3 to tie at 13-5 for the chip.

I will say I think the big 10 has a better collection of coaches. Drew and Ford can get all the talent but they are not good game coaches and their teams are perplexing. Self is the best in the biz IMO but his foray into one and done hasn't worked. Barnes doesn't recruit like he used to. Kruger is good but mostly just solid not spectacular.

Actually a pretty good assessment there, Bryce.

The clowns are getting thrown around all over the net as being a possible NC team. This has got to end, its making me sick.

I don't think either team wants to meet up with the other in NCAA play unless its the Chip. I' just going to say that.

Clones are improving and look to have an odd scoring balance that has maintanied. I see them losing 3 games in Conf.

Hawks will start a streak after beating NW. They lost some mojo and Fran needs to not hurt his basketball team like he did in Wisky. They will gel and get real hot. Im still real high on marble and think Fran needs to get him and AW more touches and min in the game. A deep bench is cool but you don't have to always go so deep when things are working well.

I thought Iowa State would lose 5 of their next 7. Now I'm having my doubts. The Big 12 has some good teams but none that are exceptional and Iowa State is good...still won't know how good until NCAA time because they aren't going to play enough good teams away from Hilton to get a clear picture.

I thought Iowa State would lose 5 of their next 7. Now I'm having my doubts. The Big 12 has some good teams but none that are exceptional and Iowa State is good...still won't know how good until NCAA time because they aren't going to play enough good teams away from Hilton to get a clear picture.

Iowa State is very well coached. I only see them struggling if Niang and Ejim get in foul trouble and 3 point shots dont fall. There are no super teams this year. Hell the most dangerous teams could be the ones with NBA lottery talent on them come March. College bball is pretty balanced anymore

Hmm....combined record of 26-2.
Hmm....Baylor spanked us by 20 for the NIT champ trophy.

Tell me again, what are the two teams doing so badly?

Hmm....combined record of 26-2.
Hmm....Baylor spanked us by 20 for the NIT champ trophy.

Tell me again, what are the two teams doing so badly?

Badly? Nothing. Well? A lot. Exceptionally? Nothing...until they beat a Top 25 team on the road or in Baylor's case outside the state of Texas.

Last year's NIT? Irrelevant.

Latest posts