AP #9

Also, the best strategy by far this season to a top seed in CBB is to have an extended Covid break where you sit in Limbo and can't lose. I mean, it's working for Michigan, it's working for Nova, it's worked for Gonzaga, Baylor.... If only Iowa could just freeze time and not move from where they are for the next few weeks - and we're in the dance with a great seed. But ya know what? I'd rather watch them play and earn it.
You're right. Too bad those teams are just playing the system. You know it, I know it and so does everyone else...except the NCAA. They're so irrelevant.

Also, the best strategy by far this season to a top seed in CBB is to have an extended Covid break where you sit in Limbo and can't lose. I mean, it's working for Michigan, it's working for Nova, it's worked for Gonzaga, Baylor.... If only Iowa could just freeze time and not move from where they are for the next few weeks - and we're in the dance with a great seed. But ya know what? I'd rather watch them play and earn it.
If we could go on a two week COVID pause we would end up a guaranteed 2 seed in the dance. Playing the games gives us a really small chance at a 1 and a really good chance at less than a 2.

If we could go on a two week COVID pause we would end up a guaranteed 2 seed in the dance. Playing the games gives us a really small chance at a 1 and a really good chance at less than a 2.
yep, exactly, again, the strategy is really paying off for everyone else.

Beware the low seeds that have been playing and improving. I don’t watch the Hawks hoping for a shortened season and top NCAA seed. I want to watch and win as many games as possible.

I actually prefer a 2 or 3 seed. It means we’re really good yet allows us to be a little under the radar...relative to the ones.

I’m fine with a 2 or 3. I want all of the attention on those 1 seeds. We’re just some podunk team with the POY and nothing else. Then we’ll go about beating everybody.

The team that really has been lucky is Purdue. These are its single plays: Rutgers, Illinois, Michigan, Iowa, Nebraska, Wisconsin. They got to play Ohio State when they were without injured point guards. If they get the 4 seed it all about scheduling and luck. Got to hope PSU and IU can knock them off.