Anyone think that a bad football season might have a positive impact for basketball

Re: Anyone think that a bad football season might have a positive impact for basketba

If we are so far behind Indiana how did we beat them?

From your earlier comments I do not think fans are not over hyping this team. I think the majority of fans are being quite realistic about this team. You are confusing fans excitement for a product with over expecting. Most comments i have seen is that this will be a fun team to watch, they do have an far outside shot at making the NCAA, and it will be interesting to see how they improve through the season. Closely watching Frans last two years his teams have improved as the years moved on.

Last year the Hawks beat a few teams that ended up dancing at the end of the year. We lost a solid player, but gained a lot of talent, and from football we know talent matters. I do not have unrealistic expectations and from what I have read and heard many fans don't ether.

We will not be as good as Indiana this year.

Re: Anyone think that a bad football season might have a positive impact for basketba

We will not be as good as Indiana this year.

Didn't say we would be, but Iowa will not be a bottom of the basement big ten team. Last year Iowa got wins over some solid teams with no true center, and just ok guard play. To think that Indiana is so far superior to Iowa is to me an over exaggeration of their talent. I think fran will find a way to beat Indiana again. He found a way with less talent last year.

Didn't say we would be, but Iowa will not be a bottom of the basement big ten team. Last year Iowa got wins over some solid teams with no true center, and just ok guard play. To think that Indiana is so far superior to Iowa is to me an over exaggeration of their talent. I think fran will find a way to beat Indiana again. He found a way with less talent last year.

Some of those wins also came as a result of Matt Gatens going crazy, who obviously is no longer here. Not saying that we will regress as a result of him leaving, but keep in mind how much a great shooter can open things up for other people. Until we find that (Oglesby?), don't be surprised if things aren't humming as much on offense as we'd like early on....

Some of those wins also came as a result of Matt Gatens going crazy, who obviously is no longer here. Not saying that we will regress as a result of him leaving, but keep in mind how much a great shooter can open things up for other people. Until we find that (Oglesby?), don't be surprised if things aren't humming as much on offense as we'd like early on....

I hear what your saying, but don't you think with the new talent we should have a better dribble drive and under the basket game? This should elevate pressure on the outside giving Oglesby more open looks to help build his confidence.

I think you're under-exaggerating Indiana's talent. And last year doesn't mean jack. Yeah, we beat Indiana, but we also lost to Nebraska, Northwestern, Illinois, and Penn State.

Indiana might be vastly superior to Iowa this year, but thats why they play the games. Indiana hasn't proven to be vastly superior to Iowa in head to head meetings yet, and I see no reason to assume they will be this year. I want to wait and see what 'white magic' this coaching staff can do with this years team. Last year they had a lot of injuries at positions they could ill afford, and still manages, when they had opportunities to adjust, to present a competitive team against most of their competition. They didn't have much of a chance against Michigan State or Ohio State last year though.

Indiana might be vastly superior to Iowa this year, but thats why they play the games. Indiana hasn't proven to be vastly superior to Iowa in head to head meetings yet, and I see no reason to assume they will be this year.

Really?? The fact that they have a top rated recruiting class and they're ranked in the top 5 isn't a reason?

I want to wait and see what 'white magic' this coaching staff can do with this years team. Last year they had a lot of injuries at positions they could ill afford, and still manages, when they had opportunities to adjust, to present a competitive team against most of their competition. They didn't have much of a chance against Michigan State or Ohio State last year though.

Again, I'd like to see Francis dominate the cupcakes before I start calling us potential giant killers.

Again said:
Doesn't any team who is rated below another team have the potential at anytime to be a giant killer? If they have good enough talent they could pull the upset. I mean look at butlers success in recent years.

I hear what your saying, but don't you think with the new talent we should have a better dribble drive and under the basket game? This should elevate pressure on the outside giving Oglesby more open looks to help build his confidence.

We SHOULD. But again, if we don't have outside shooters for teams to fear, they'll just pack it in and that really eliminates a lot of dribble drive and inside game potential. Now, if we can show early on that teams need to respect us from the outside, then we're talking! :)