Anyone listen to the Barta call?

That call would be such a waste of time. I went to talk to a buddy. What the hell could barta say???? He has no idea how this football team and season will play out. He has no idea if he has a strong team to win 20 games but probably more of an idea of a 6 to 7 win season. I cant believe they came up with this phone call ****. Just send out an email we can all trash.

I listened for about 10 minutes then shut it off. He kept praising himself for the new football complex. He did say that the North Endzone would get a uplift(no details as far as when it would be done) and more high dollar seating. Not sure why when you can't fill the seats we have. I would like to see North Endzone redone.

I seriously don't know a single Hawkeye who thinks favorably of Gary Barta. How the hell does he still have a job?

I seriously don't know a single Hawkeye who thinks favorably of Gary Barta. How the hell does he still have a job?

HawkIState ... he's been lobbying for Barta to get a raise.

http://hawkeyenation.com/forum/showthread.php?70262-Barta-wants-YOU&p=1420280#post1420280

http://hawkeyenation.com/forum/show...letics-continue-to-Roll-in-2015-Baseball-just

You would think that, when nature realized the mind-blowing, albeit comical, lunacy perpetuated through every post by Hawknick, it would've stepped back and said, "My bad for that aberration! Not again!"

HawkIState ... he's been lobbying for Barta to get a raise.

http://hawkeyenation.com/forum/showthread.php?70262-Barta-wants-YOU&p=1420280#post1420280

http://hawkeyenation.com/forum/show...letics-continue-to-Roll-in-2015-Baseball-just

You would think that, when nature realized the mind-blowing, albeit comical, lunacy perpetuated through every post by Hawknick, it would've stepped back and said, "My bad for that aberration! Not again!"
He can keep saying that but football is the cash cow. Without successful football funding drops and non revenue programs will be the first to fail. Let Barta take his retirement and let's get someone competent take over.

You can't argue about the results under his tenure. At what point does someone say, being a fundraiser isn't enough. I'll give him credit, McCaffery was a good hire. The program has improved every year since he took over...and I think it will again next year. We will have to wait to see what happens when Uthoff, Woodbury, Gesell, and Sap graduate...me thinky we may step back a peg after next year there.

That being said, if KF can't surprise to the upside...well, he needs to strap a pair on and make the tough decision.

At what point does someone say, being a fundraiser isn't enough.

Gary Barta is no fundraiser. Neither was Bob Bowlsby. Iowa was able to raise over 90 million to renovate Kinnick under Bowlsby even though he has the personality of a pet rock. Barta is a complete dunce, though more personable but is no fund raiser.

Barta and Bowlsby didn't get one dollar from Iowa fans that weren't already willling to give it.

DO NOT mistake Iowa fans willingness to give with these morons ability to raise.

Gary Barta is no fundraiser. Neither was Bob Bowlsby. Iowa was able to raise over 90 million to renovate Kinnick under Bowlsby even though he has the personality of a pet rock. Barta is a complete dunce, though more personable but is no fund raiser.

Barta and Bowlsby didn't get one dollar from Iowa fans that weren't already willling to give it.

DO NOT mistake Iowa fans willingness to give with these morons ability to raise.

This post is a classic example of, "Don't confuse me with the facts; my mind is made up." Look, I really don't like criticizing other' opinions, because they are certainly entitled. But this one, 4life, is really off the charts. They raised funds. Period. Calling someone a dunce, or saying he has the personality of a pet rock is simply name calling. Classic politician move: "...look over there!"

I think Gary has done a very good job raising money. 35 Million of the 55 million to finish the new facilities came from private donations. Then there are the recent upgrades to Kinnick...scoreboard etc.

Money isn't an issue and under Barta's leadership Iowa's facilities are now even with the best in the B10. No one is going to walk away from Iowa because they liked someone else's training and football complex better. Subtract one excuse for our recruiting woes.

I'll give Barta credit when it's due, but he's got work to do to start having real success again in Football. We are a mediocre, mid tier program right now. The record for the last four years speaks for itself. We have paid top dollar for a coach and top dollar for state of the art facilities. Time for the record to reflect that.

I think Gary has done a very good job raising money. 35 Million of the 55 million to finish the new facilities came from private donations. Then there are the recent upgrades to Kinnick...scoreboard etc.

Money isn't an issue and under Barta's leadership Iowa's facilities are now even with the best in the B10. No one is going to walk away from Iowa because they liked someone else's training and football complex better. Subtract one excuse for our recruiting woes.

I'll give Barta credit when it's due, but he's got work to do to start having real success again in Football. We are a mediocre, mid tier program right now. The record for the last four years speaks for itself. We have paid top dollar for a coach and top dollar for state of the art facilities. Time for the record to reflect that.

Well said. I wish I had written your post instead of mine.

This post is a classic example of, "Don't confuse me with the facts; my mind is made up." Look, I really don't like criticizing other' opinions, because they are certainly entitled. But this one, 4life, is really off the charts. They raised funds. Period. Calling someone a dunce, or saying he has the personality of a pet rock is simply name calling. Classic politician move: "...look over there!"

Don't forget one of the reason Kirk said they struggled was because he was out fundraising, so he wasn't as focused on the team. So saying Barta isn't a good fundraiser could very well be the case since Kirk was already doing Barta's job.

Kirk and Gary are victims of their own hubris. They can't see the situation like the fans do and that will be their undoing.

Latest posts