Anyone hearing Brian Ferentz to Oklahoma as OC rumors?

okeefe4prez

A guy down here who is pretty prominent over on TigerNet said that he heard a few guys talking at a Waffle House in Easley this morning that they heard from someone that Venables (who along with Dabo is basically a god in Easley) is going to try to get Brian Ferentz down to Norman. I don't know if it's true, but it is out there. Brian with Oklahoma talent would be downright scary.

A guy down here who is pretty prominent over on TigerNet said that he heard a few guys talking at a Waffle House in Easley this morning that they heard from someone that Venables (who along with Dabo is basically a god in Easley) is going to try to get Brian Ferentz down to Norman. I don't know if it's true, but it is out there. Brian with Oklahoma talent would be downright scary.
Scary as in ruining quarterbacks' and receivers' NFL aspirations, or scary as in he'd win ballgames?

Brent V. did play for Bill Snyder who is very close with Kirk. Also know the Stoops/Iowa connection. Probably something to this.

Brent V. did play for Bill Snyder who is very close with Kirk. Also know the Stoops/Iowa connection. Probably something to this.

In theory your probably right, but the part most everyone's finding hard to swallow would be who in their right mind would want BF running their offense right now. Honestly I hope there's legs to the rumor. BF gets a fresh start, KF gets a new coordinator, and we can find ourselves bitching about an OC that isn't directly related to our HC.

Scary as in ruining quarterbacks' and receivers' NFL aspirations, or scary as in he'd win ballgames?
Scary as in, he will have the dogs to run the McDaniels offense he has been trying to implement in Iowa City the last four years. I don't believe for a second that there aren't more proven hires for that job, but it would be a chance to see whether Brian really is the problem.

In theory your probably right, but the part most everyone's finding hard to swallow would be who in their right mind would want BF running their offense right now. Honestly I hope there's legs to the rumor. BF gets a fresh start, KF gets a new coordinator, and we can find ourselves bitching about an OC that isn't directly related to our HC
“WHO?”
Every team in that conference.

Lol,
I realize that you're not really asking a question there.

Agree though with the commentary.

I heard the same thing, BF is as good as gone and it will be announced shortly after the Citrus Bowl.

I ate at the same Waffle House, it was in Indy.

Not biting on this one.

No one wants Brian Ferentz.

I just hopes he gets torched in the lawsuit and Dad has to fire him.

I love this team and the players. I love Phil Parker. I respect Kirk Ferentz.

I just wish the son would go. He's a meathead.

Waffle House serves the coffee

And the latest data

You can take the scoops to the bank

Spreading Rumors GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

:cool:

Venables is reported as taking the OU job. OU will start playing much better defense now and if Venables can keep their offense humming with a great OC hire then OU will be good.

Cant win in the SEC without a great defense as there are too many great offensive players on most teams,, Jeff Lebby mentioned as the incoming OC.

Brian will need to start at the bottom as a head coach or at another OC job. He has no positive bona fides