Anyone Feel Bad for Lebron?

just because you interpret what he says differently than everybody else does not mean you are right.

No no. It's either a guarantee or it's not. Either he says "I guarantee...." Or he doesn't. It's actually quite simple. Even if he said "We're going to win....." then it's at least somewhat close. He didn't even say that!

I literally have never seen so many people get so freaking insane over a pep rally. Keep these people out of Iowa high school gyms at 3:00 before football games or their heads might explode.

I literally have never seen so many people get so freaking insane over a pep rally. Keep these people out of Iowa high school gyms at 3:00 before football games or their heads might explode.

This. For someone that's never done anything terribly wrong (publicly) the level of hate is unmatched.

People are looking for any reason to hate, that's what they do. Villians get more press than Heroes in this country, that is just the way our 24-7 news media works these days. They always fall back on "The Decision" but who really cares? In the age of social media everyone is trying to brand themselves, so I don't really care if LeBron announces on TV what team he is signing with.

What's the difference between that and having a nationally televised press conference to do the same thing? THe ESPN coverage would have still been the same, at least LeBron was able to milk ESPN out of some money for a charitable cause.

No no. It's either a guarantee or it's not. Either he says "I guarantee...." Or he doesn't. It's actually quite simple. Even if he said "We're going to win....." then it's at least somewhat close. He didn't even say that!

You are veering dangerously toward dooshy fanboy territory again, T-Mac. :(

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT-I8jQDQ7c]Lebron James Predicts Miami will win 8 championships or more - YouTube[/ame]

No worries, He and the Heat will get that Championship ring within a week.....

I am indifferent about LeBron. I appreciate his skill and like to watch him play, but not against the Celtics, who would not have been able to beat the Thunder.....

:D

I am indifferent towards Lebron and the heat. I really like Kevin Durant, but I know that him and his team are young and will have another go. I am thinking, why not give Lebron a ring?

Does anyone else kinda feel any sympathy for him?

( I know someone will simply post.."No.")

Here is just another reason I do not feel any sympathy for this spoiled brat of a 10 year old in a huge man's body.

If you were watching the game last nite with I think 6:20 left in first qtr (I made a note of the time because of his actions) an okc player throws a cross court pass while crossing the time line. The ball is a little high and wide toward center court and the okc player junps to receive the pass and YOU SAW IT, lebron jumps to try to steal the pass, runs into the guy and smacks his arms.

Whistle, foul, and then 30 seconds of whining protestation by the mvp, the so called best player in the world.

You know what, his action to steal the ball and run into a player has been a foul for 80 years and it is now.

Lebron needs to grow up and shut up.

But then at 10:40 left in the 3rd lebron grabs a long rebound off missed heat shot out by the foul line moving away from the basket and throws a no look pass around his body right to a teammate under the bucket for an easy two.

I have to say that was one great basketball play.

I made this comment in another thread, but when you consistently get the benefit of the doubt regarding calls (like Lebron and many other superstars do) then it should suprise them when the ref makes a call based on way it appears in the books vs. the player who does it. I remember a specific instance in the Heat/Celtic series, in game 6 or game 7 in which KG was called for an illegal screen and the announcer made the comment that when you've got away with it the past 10+ years and suddenly your called for two in a game, there is reason to act shocked and question it. Not saying it's right, but I think it's a part of the game.

I made this comment in another thread, but when you consistently get the benefit of the doubt regarding calls (like Lebron and many other superstars do) then it should suprise them when the ref makes a call based on way it appears in the books vs. the player who does it. I remember a specific instance in the Heat/Celtic series, in game 6 or game 7 in which KG was called for an illegal screen and the announcer made the comment that when you've got away with it the past 10+ years and suddenly your called for two in a game, there is reason to act shocked and question it. Not saying it's right, but I think it's a part of the game.

That is a very good point, and goes along with the idea about being pampered, or coddled since the beginning of their playing careers.

Here is just another reason I do not feel any sympathy for this spoiled brat of a 10 year old in a huge man's body.

If you were watching the game last nite with I think 6:20 left in first qtr (I made a note of the time because of his actions) an okc player throws a cross court pass while crossing the time line. The ball is a little high and wide toward center court and the okc player junps to receive the pass and YOU SAW IT, lebron jumps to try to steal the pass, runs into the guy and smacks his arms.

Whistle, foul, and then 30 seconds of whining protestation by the mvp, the so called best player in the world.

You know what, his action to steal the ball and run into a player has been a foul for 80 years and it is now.

Lebron needs to grow up and shut up.

But then at 10:40 left in the 3rd lebron grabs a long rebound off missed heat shot out by the foul line moving away from the basket and throws a no look pass around his body right to a teammate under the bucket for an easy two.

I have to say that was one great basketball play.

I am not gonna lie, sometimes he does whine. It is kinda annoying that some players protest everything with that same dumb look like injustice has just occurred. I'll tell you what though, it is genuine. Because in their eyes, injustice has occurred.

You can make yourself believe anything, especially when you want to when. You can honestly not feel fouling someone or taking an extra step because you're so caught up.

I am not gonna lie, sometimes he does whine. It is kinda annoying that some players protest everything with that same dumb look like injustice has just occurred. I'll tell you what though, it is genuine. Because in their eyes, injustice has occurred.

You can make yourself believe anything, especially when you want to when. You can honestly not feel fouling someone or taking an extra step because you're so caught up.

I get it, but if you travel 9 straight times and it's not called and then the 10th time it's finally called, whether or not its the right call, your going to be suprised and rightfully so.

It's all about consistency. If NBA refs make the right call regardless of when it occurs, or how many fouls a player has at the time, or who that player is, then players who play the game (rather than officiate it) will eventually learn what a foul is an accept it. The problem is they play a physical sport in which they play to the level of the officiating, the biggest problem I see is with the consistency. Improve the consistency of each game, during the course of that game, and it takes care of itself.

The simple solution is start issuing more technicals to the whiners and they shut their mouths real quick. Their has to be a level of give and take between the refs and the players. When a crew stays consistent the mouths shut. When that consistency isn't there the whining begins. At some point thought the officials need to gain the control of a situation they let slip away.

I get it, but if you travel 9 straight times and it's not called and then the 10th time it's finally called, whether or not its the right call, your going to be suprised and rightfully so.

It's all about consistency. If NBA refs make the right call regardless of when it occurs, or how many fouls a player has at the time, or who that player is, then players who play the game (rather than officiate it) will eventually learn what a foul is an accept it. The problem is they play a physical sport in which they play to the level of the officiating, the biggest problem I see is with the consistency. Improve the consistency of each game, during the course of that game, and it takes care of itself.

The simple solution is start issuing more technicals to the whiners and they shut their mouths real quick. Their has to be a level of give and take between the refs and the players. When a crew stays consistent the mouths shut. When that consistency isn't there the whining begins. At some point thought the officials need to gain the control of a situation they let slip away.

I agree with the technical foul calls for whining. Set a precedent so that everyone knows. But, the violations will never be called on a consistent level. The game has evolved to one where the rules are allowed be stretched. Changing it would change the game, everyone, including little kids have been playing it wrong and have been immolating what they know to be true.

The fact is, the no calls sell more tickets, and more views on tv. The NBA, like every other association is a Business first, and will always make the better business decision before the so called "right" decision.

Lebron being called for travels, or other stars called for whatever would make some lose their edge. Losing edge means less superstars= less money.

It is almost a no win situation for the fans.....

The more the refs let them play, only calling obvious infractions, the better the game will be, college or pro.....

As I mentioned before, I paid little attention to the refs last night and certainly enjoyed the game more. It was easy to do because I do not have a horse in the race. The calls against the Hawks are a completely different story.....

:)

It is almost a no win situation for the fans.....

The more the refs let them play, only calling obvious infractions, the better the game will be, college or pro.....

As I mentioned before, I paid little attention to the refs last night and certainly enjoyed the game more. It was easy to do because I do not have a horse in the race. The calls against the Hawks are a completely different story.....

:)

Well put, both arguments ;)

Latest posts