Anyone else wonder Part II....

Playmaker

The entire game last nite, all I could think of is how in the hell did Nebraska score 39 on this bunch and everything we did was a struggle? I really think we should have throw more, but just been more smart about continually leaving CJ's backside exposed. Also, Daniels was obviously not 100% and shouldn't have had any carries in the 2nd half....Mitchell looked to be more than capable of going.

I think Iowa has become a bit of a big play or bust offense down the stretch run. I really thought Iowa would put up more points in a dome.

I think Iowa has become a bit of a big play or bust offense down the stretch run. I really thought Iowa would put up more points in a dome.

I (along with a couple others) referenced this in one of the "Was Iowa outplayed by Nebraska?" threads from last week. In the Nebraska game we had those 2 long runs from Canzeri that accounted for something like 40% of our yardage (?). Other than that we were somewhat anemic on offense, although the conditions played a part (although the counterpoint would be that Nebraska played in the same conditions and put up 150-200 more yards). My takeaway was that against good teams, you can't count on getting a couple to several lightning in a bottle plays in a game, so the inability to stay on the field eating up first down after first down (and clock, shortening the game) was concerning. We had one electric play last night, almost had another, but otherwise were below average.

I don't know what's up with Daniels, whether he's still injured or just lacking confidence, but he hasn't been running like a 225 pound running back for a great while.

MSUs entire starting secondary was injured for Nebby...they played something like 3 freshman in their defensive backfield that game. They were all healthy for our game. That's how...

I (along with a couple others) referenced this in one of the "Was Iowa outplayed by Nebraska?" threads from last week. In the Nebraska game we had those 2 long runs from Canzeri that accounted for something like 40% of our yardage (?). Other than that we were somewhat anemic on offense, although the conditions played a part (although the counterpoint would be that Nebraska played in the same conditions and put up 150-200 more yards). My takeaway was that against good teams, you can't count on getting a couple to several lightning in a bottle plays in a game, so the inability to stay on the field eating up first down after first down (and clock, shortening the game) was concerning. We had one electric play last night, almost had another, but otherwise were below average.

I don't know what's up with Daniels, whether he's still injured or just lacking confidence, but he hasn't been running like a 225 pound running back for a great while.

He hasn't been "right" since the injury at ISU. When he was jogging to the sidelines last night after a play I was like good Lord he looks the part. Look at those guns.

Too slow. And when Daniels ran into MSU's d line, it was like when Shonn Greene ran into Ray Lewis of the Ravens, he fell backward.

Agreed. However, I also agree with this statement below as Iowa did play a much heathier MSU

"MSUs entire starting secondary was injured for Nebby...they played something like 3 freshman in their defensive backfield that game. They were all healthy for our game. That's how..."

Still, I think Iowa has some consistency problems right now on offense. Get more yardage on first and 2nd down and make some long drives and Iowa will be a tougher out in the Bowl Game for whoever they play.

This...offense has not been as strong. MSU was able to move the ball on a few drives, to get the field position. Our running game was backed up, and our passing game has been slow to develop. I think msu's Calhoun was a beast and disrupted a lot...especially in drop back situations...and then on the opposite side...in the end, msu's O-line showed up our guys with that drive. The drive that we needed on the previous possession. I think Canzeri being out affected our run game a bit, but the others have shown they wee capable. Another backbreaker was that shovel pass on 3rd down.

Agreed. However, I also agree with this statement below as Iowa did play a much heathier MSU

"MSUs entire starting secondary was injured for Nebby...they played something like 3 freshman in their defensive backfield that game. They were all healthy for our game. That's how..."

Still, I think Iowa has some consistency problems right now on offense. Get more yardage on first and 2nd down and make some long drives and Iowa will be a tougher out in the Bowl Game for whoever they play.
In all likelihood, Iowa will play a team with a good defense in the bowl game. 'You can't hide your offensive tackles against a team with a good pass rushing attack.'

Moo U ran some intriguing plays in 4th q.

They earned it and needed all four downs at times.

We seem to acquire injuries rather quickly.

Our lines worked hard as could be, but missed starters and experience. Next year hope we add lots of talented linemen.

J Daniels..

Missing Canzeri again screwed things up. imho

Moo U ran some intriguing plays in 4th q.

They earned it and needed all four downs at times.

We seem to acquire injuries rather quickly.

Our lines worked hard as could be, but missed starters and experience. Next year hope we add lots of talented linemen.

J Daniels..

Missing Canzeri again screwed things up. imho

Depends. IF LD can become thunder to Wadley/Mitchell lightning. We need to see what we briefly saw from LD before the ISU game.

Latest posts