Anyone else think ARob loses PT next year

Then you are as bad as anyone else who is making assumptions and spreading it around. No, we don't know it is because of academics. In fact we do know he is academically eligible. What we do know is that he is suspended from all team activities for the bowl game and until the end of the 2010 season. That is no small thing and is, by itself, the very definintion of being in the dog house.

And no one ever claimed he was at the same level as DJK's residency in the dog house. But he is most certainly there now.

Yes, I'm just as guilty of making assumptions. However, my assumption is that Ferentz is telling the truth. Given the "events" of the past two weeks, I think we've had enough of assuming the opposite. Talking like Ferentz is hiding something major only stirs up trouble, and at this point we don't need anymore fan-created problems.

ARob is the best blocker and the best at catching passes out of the backfield. Its not even close right now. And Ferentz is known for being loyal to the older players.

ARob is the starter, but you will see lots of Coe and or Johnson

That's not really fair to say. It's not as though they've been given equal opportunity to catch passes and pick up blitzes. Have you seen Coe's senior footage? Judging from that he's probably got the best hands of all 3 of the backs.

Yes, I'm just as guilty of making assumptions. However, my assumption is that Ferentz is telling the truth. Given the "events" of the past two weeks, I think we've had enough of assuming the opposite. Talking like Ferentz is hiding something major only stirs up trouble, and at this point we don't need anymore fan-created problems.

Except that Ferentz never said he was suspended for academic reasons - that is what you are assuming. He was intentionally cryptic. And to be perfectly honest and clear I don't care what he is in trouble for. I agree that there is no reason or need to speculate what the cause is.

My point is that Robinson is most definately in the doghouse right now. Being suspended for the rest of the year from all team activities, which includes a big bowl game, is no small thing. Robinson is going to have to work very hard to get his spot back and depending on how well Coker does in the bowl game that could be very difficult.

Johnson will also be pushing for playing time next year and Coe might as well. Robinson did himself no favors doing whatever it was he did. I certainly do think he loses playing time next year because of this.

Except that Ferentz never said he was suspended for academic reasons - that is what you are assuming. He was intentionally cryptic. And to be perfectly honest and clear I don't care what he is in trouble for. I agree that there is no reason or need to speculate what the cause is.

My point is that Robinson is most definately in the doghouse right now. Being suspended for the rest of the year from all team activities, which includes a big bowl game, is no small thing. Robinson is going to have to work very hard to get his spot back and depending on how well Coker does in the bowl game that could be very difficult.

Johnson will also be pushing for playing time next year and Coe might as well. Robinson did himself no favors doing whatever it was he did. I certainly do think he loses playing time next year because of this.

Okay, this time you were a bit more clear in your point, and I agree. He's going to lose some time, though it won't be directly because of being in the doghouse, like DJK's repeated reprimands, rather it will be a secondary effect. At least assuming that Coker plays well in the bowl game and in the spring. And I do think that Johnson is going to push for time. That kid looked really good in the open practice this fall.

Latest posts