Anyone else think ARob loses PT next year

BSpringsteen

I love the way he runs and his patience, but I don't see him holding off Coker next year. I see him as a 3rd down back next year.

Does anyone think that he is able to hold off Coker to not just be the number one but to be the featured back next year?

Between pressure from behind with both Coker and Johnson and possibly now Coe and the way he ended this year on a low note (the team violation not the concussions) I think there is a chance he moves down the chart a little.

A-Rob will still be one of the featured backs. He's not "in the doghouse", so throw that line of reasoning out the window. Coker, if he has a good bowl performance and gets his center of gravity lower in the spring, could take over the #1 spot. He'll take off when he does that, a lot like Shonn Greene did. Johnson looked impressive this fall in the open practice, and I'm eager to see what he can do for real. It's long been said by folks around where he's from that he would have been rated WAY higher by the recruiting services had he not gotten hurt.

i hope people realize the situation with our backs right? Coker and Coe are going to get injured or be suspended or leave the team....... rogers is also going to probably have something happen.....

Toooootally not being negative just keeping it real---- Iowa having a healthy core of running backs is like Uncle Sam having a balanced budget, it's just doesn't happen....

Ferentz does have a knack for playing the upperclassmen. However, running the football Coker is more talented. And how the O-line will be set up next year, it appears like a strong, hard running back like Coker would be more suitable. I would agree with the poster that Arob will fill some sort of 3rd down roll. He is the superior pass blocker, and does have soft hands. I think the academic problems he has been having will also play into this. He has missed gametime twice because of it. Based on what Ferentz said it makes me think he was missing classes(pure speculation as the reason was not specifically addressed), which is a no-no under KF. I think spring ball and training camp will get Coker up to speed on the non-running responsibilities and he will be the 20 carry back next season. I dont really know what to think of the Coe committ. I hope he is as good as advertised, and we can get him on the field at some point next year.

If he doesn't get his act together, he may not be on the team! I'm not so convinced the he will come back to the team in January!

A-Rob will still be one of the featured backs. He's not "in the doghouse", so throw that line of reasoning out the window. Coker, if he has a good bowl performance and gets his center of gravity lower in the spring, could take over the #1 spot. He'll take off when he does that, a lot like Shonn Greene did. Johnson looked impressive this fall in the open practice, and I'm eager to see what he can do for real. It's long been said by folks around where he's from that he would have been rated WAY higher by the recruiting services had he not gotten hurt.

He's not in the doghouse? Really? Last time I checked, he's been suspended for the bowl with a shot at getting back on the team in January. That ain't exactly a sign of being in high standing.

I love KF. I really do but I suspect he has a long memory for people screwing up personally or with respect to school. I think that and Coker's preformance at the end of this year will translate into dimished playing time for Robinson.

Has anyone noticed that his "academic indigestion" only started happening after he suffered a couple concussions? He was doing just fine in class up to that point. To think the two are unrelated would be pretty foolish.

He's not in the doghouse? Really? Last time I checked, he's been suspended for the bowl with a shot at getting back on the team in January. That ain't exactly a sign of being in high standing.

I love KF. I really do but I suspect he has a long memory for people screwing up personally or with respect to school. I think that and Coker's preformance at the end of this year will translate into dimished playing time for Robinson.

DJK set the bar for the doghouse. Being in there with no real explanation for it. A-Rob is suspended for academic issues (even though he's still eligible). I wonder what getting his brain rolled around a couple times might do to affect his classroom performance?

Arob needs to keep his eye on the ball if he wants to see the field. The guys around him have more physical ability and the competition will be fierce. Coker, Coe and Johnson aren't going to take a back seat simply because Arob's a junior.

There may be better places to hang out than Fat Tony's.

I just figured ARob would have more discipline than what he has been showing lately! He appears to be great friends with Jewel, so hopefully ARob doesn't take a page out of his book!!

I just figured ARob would have more discipline than what he has been showing lately! He appears to be great friends with Jewel, so hopefully ARob doesn't take a page out of his book!!

Like I said, his academic problems didn't pop up until he had a concussion. He was fine before that.

I think a lot of you guys are forgetting how good ARob is. The guy should have been BT freshman of the year last season, and if not for the concussion would have been well over a 1000 yards this season and made at least 2nd team all-big ten.

I honestly think we'll see him starting off the season at 4th on the depth chart. It has less to do with his performance than his size. Looking at our OL recruiting, they're HUGE. I did a breakdown on TOS of their measurments and stuff, but suffice it to say we're going to have a really big OL in a couple seasons. We also have HUGE running backs in Coker and Coe (and even though Johnson is a lot shorter he's almost their same weight). This, to me, spells POWER RUNNING as our new philosophy. ARob is a very sure footed runner who bounces off contact well, but it looks like we're looking for bruisers who don't need to bounce off contact because the tackler gets up afraid to hit them on the next play. ARob just doesn't have that.

Has anyone noticed that his "academic indigestion" only started happening after he suffered a couple concussions? He was doing just fine in class up to that point. To think the two are unrelated would be pretty foolish.

Like I said, his academic problems didn't pop up until he had a concussion. He was fine before that.

I think that it is an interesting take, but I don't think that it is correct. If it is because his grades weren't up to snuff, that doesn't just happen in a week or two or three. That's a whole semester piling up on someone. It couldn't have been evident in the beginning of the semester because any grades weren't known yet. The MSU game was about when midterms came out, and you didn't see him playing after that because of the concussion and then not starting at OSU due to grades. I don't think the concussions are a direct correlation.

Latest posts