Anyone catch the fight?

deanvogs

So I'm walking back to my seats at halftime, and I see a busted up Hawkeye fan in black trying to stop the bleeding with paper towels. There are security guys holding another guy back (looked to be his buddy, who is going nuts) and another Hawk fan in gold with blood all over him. I tried to figure out what went down, but it was over and I wanted to stay out of the way.

When I got back to my seats my other buddies said a NIU fan was knocked out, but I didn't see him at all. Anyone else see this go down? It was on the club
seat level on the east side of the stadium by sections 232ish.

Fight in my section also. Soldier Field is white trash bowl game for those that cannot go to Kinnick, and cannot go to bowl games.

Not everyone obviously, but enough that it was embarrassing. They booed when we ran the ball in the 4th quarter and made a first down. They booed calls by the officials that were obvious.

My opinion. I look forward to Kinnick this Saturday, and some decent fans.

I didn't see any fights or even close calls. The section I was in was a lot of fun...from what I can recall...

Unfortunately the guy next to me had to explain football to me. "We need to blitz", etc, and the row in front of us had to include themselves in our conversations.

I did have fun, but I look forward to Kinnick.

Some guy from NC Sunday punched a NIU fan who had a Romney pin on and ran about a 12 flat 40 yard dash out the gate.

The section I was in was awesome. This was out by the bathrooms/walkway, several sections down from ours.

Clearly not as much love by the Soldier Field bathrooms as there are in the Metrodome bathrooms..:D

Never could figure out how people cheering for the same team could end up getting into fights, this sounded maybe like it was NIU and Iowa perhaps. I guess the tense games brought out some angry emotions.

Unfortunately the guy next to me had to explain football to me. "We need to blitz", etc, and the row in front of us had to include themselves in our conversations.

I did have fun, but I look forward to Kinnick.

I thought you wanted our input!

Fight in my section also. Soldier Field is white trash bowl game for those that cannot go to Kinnick, and cannot go to bowl games.

Not everyone obviously, but enough that it was embarrassing. They booed when we ran the ball in the 4th quarter and made a first down. They booed calls by the officials that were obvious.

My opinion. I look forward to Kinnick this Saturday, and some decent fans.

Some guy in our section yelled out on the first possession: "I thought we got rid of KOK!". Granted I think he might have been kidding, but it sounded serious.

There was a fight in the south lot parking. About 3 rows in from Lake Shore Drive. Large group of people playing beer pong/flippy cup.

A guy from another tailgate (also an Iowa fan) sucker punched one of the guys playing beer pong. Both looked to be in the middle 20s. Guy who punched him took off running. The guy who got punched got up on his feet right away.

It was rather entertaining.

I was in section 130. Fights in section 131 and 132. Lots of security showed up. I could see what was going on in 131 was going to escalate the whole game. Jawing back and forth the whole game. (Not major fights. Mostly jawing and a few shoves)

There was a fight in the south lot parking. About 3 rows in from Lake Shore Drive. Large group of people playing beer pong/flippy cup.

A guy from another tailgate (also an Iowa fan) sucker punched one of the guys playing beer pong. Both looked to be in the middle 20s. Guy who punched him took off running. The guy who got punched got up on his feet right away.

It was rather entertaining.

If you are going to sucker punch someone, you better make damn sure you hit them hard enough they aren't getting right back up!

Some guy from NC Sunday punched a NIU fan who had a Romney pin on and ran about a 12 flat 40 yard dash out the gate.

I was in le Rich Guy section, brah. Totally choice VIP area. Weren't no niu proles in there.
Right on the 50. Sold my original ticket for $35 to some yahoo scalper with a bandaid on his nose who looked like "Doc" from Back to the future.

Latest posts