Anyone believe Nebraska is the B10 team w best odds of winning NC next year?

FabFew

Nebraska ahead of OSU?....Wow that is just ridiculous. I don't even see Nebraska in the conference championship game.

Below is Bodog.com's full list of odds for the 2012 BCS national championship:
Oklahoma 7/2
Alabama 15/2
Florida State 10/1
Boise State 12/1
LSU 12/1
Oregon 14/1
Florida 15/1
Nebraska 18/1
Penn State 20/1
TCU 20/1
Ohio State 20/1
Texas 20/1
Stanford 25/1
Virginia Tech 28/1
Wisconsin 28/1
Notre Dame 30/1
Oklahoma State 30/1
West Virginia 30/1
Arkansas 30/1
Texas A&M 35/1
Michigan State 40/1
Auburn 50/1
Miami 50/1
Mississippi 50/1
Mississippi State 50/1
South Carolina 50/1
Georgia 50/1
Iowa 60/1
Missouri 60/1
Cincinnati 75/1
Michigan 75/1
North Carolina 75/1
California 100/1
Clemson 100/1
Pittsburgh 100/1
South Florida 100/1
Tennessee 100/1
Utah 100/1
Arizona 100/1
BYU 125/1
Oregon State 125/1
Texas Tech 125/1
Washington 125/1
Arizona State 125/1
Georgia Tech 125/1
Kansas State 150/1
Boston College 150/1
UCLA 150/1
Field 10/1

No way...their schedule is brutal. They will have an adjustment period on both defense and offense. They will have a tough opponent every week, not just 2 weeks. Their offense is in disarray...their defense is suspect even though this is their supposed strength...teams had success running the ball right at Nebraska...see B10 running teams.

OSU would most likely be ahead of them if it weren't for the suspensions. They have to play Miami and Mich St without the tattooed 5 and have to play @ Nebby the first week they come back.

No one is taking PSU at 20-1 that's laughable.

Nebby has some of the best talent in the B10, but the coach is a bit of crazy man. OSU and Wisky both probably have better shots and Penn State and Iowa are prolly about there with Nebby.......PSU should have great talent next year and as much as we ***** about it our coaching is better than Nebby......sometimes stable and conservative is better than foaming mouth nuts .

Nebraska may have the most talented team in the Big 10. However, with their schedule there is no way they have the best shot to win the national title.

I'm sick and tired of hearing about the "brutal" schedule.
Please see the 09-10 Iowa schedule. It's no impossible. Those idiots have endless excuses already, why do we need to hand feed them the "tough" schedule excuse.

Please see the 09-10 Iowa schedule. It's no impossible. Those idiots have endless excuses already, why do we need to hand feed them the "tough" schedule excuse.

Just looked at it. Not easy, but typical Big Ten schedule.

Nebraska went 10 - 4 this year, and fans are calling for heads to roll. Some want the OC gone. Others are not happy with Bo and his sideline antics. Still others are betting Martinez won't be around for another year. Especially if he gets pushed by one of the other qb recruits.

And looking at who Nebby played this year, I can see why they are upset. They only played 4 ranked teams the entire year, going 2-2, plus losing to 2 unranked teams. Iowa, by comparison, played I believe 6 ranked teams, going 3-3, and also losing to 2 unranked teams.

Some may argue 2-2 or 3-3, what difference does it make? It is still 50%. My contention is those two additional ranked opponents weigh heavy on a team, draining a teams strength, and at times their attitude.

(Please note, 2 of Iowa's 6 ranked opponents were out of conference)

Hear is the things about lines its not true odds its what draws action. Nebraska and Penn St. huge fan bases putting money in play.

Hear is the things about lines its not true odds its what draws action. Nebraska and Penn St. huge fan bases putting money in play.
True that.

On the flip side, one reason why Nebraska may be considered to have the best odds is because Pelini has built his team to contend for the Big 12 and National Championships, not the Big 10 Championship.

Everyone thought that Wisconsin was overrated at the beginning of the year and now look rose bowl appearance and big 10 title.

I will second that. Most of those are against teams that are losing quite a bit of talent or in transition mode.

I would not count Nebby out of anything, i dont think they will get a NC game next year, but they have some talent over there. Coach is a bit of a hot head but other than that he is a pretty good coach. I personally think the B12 was moving toward playing like sec teams and I dont think if sec teams had to play the whole year against the pro style that the B10 plays they would fair well, mainly because they are a little on the small side, which thru out a regular season the injuries would add up to a number that would be hard to overcome. If Nebby can find a way to limit injuries they could be playing in the B10's first conf champ game. I dont see that happening thou.

Thanks for showing this. $17 now placed on Iowa to win NC with a $1,020 payout.

Also, note that Iowa State is not an option to bet.

The field bet is terrible! 10-1 when every previous BCS national championship winner is up there plus nearly every BCS team and great non-AQ is up there.

Latest posts