Anyone been to West Lafayette?

hawk4life73

Heading to the game this year and looking for places to eat drink and be merry. Also wondering what the time zone is. Thanks in advance for saving me the time to do the research.

Heading to the game this year and looking for places to eat drink and be merry. Also wondering what the time zone is. Thanks in advance for saving me the time to do the research.

Purdue does indeed = Eastern.

Had a friend who went to Purdue - Cal. He had a job interview down at Lafayette.. never accounted for said change.

Don't even bother trying to stay in West Lafayette. There is very little there. Stay in Indianapolis. There are a lot of nice hotels & restaurants in northwest Indianapolis. From there you are less than an hour from the stadium.

Been there numerous times to see Iowa & O$U play. Stayed in West Lafayette the first few times but there is even less there than Champaign-Urbana. At least Champaign-Urbana has a few good restaurants like Jumers.

Usually stayed at I-465 & Allisonville Road area in northwest Indianapolis. Every type of restaurant & motel you could possibly want is right in the area.

That really depends where you driving in from doesn't it?

I've been 3 times and I can assure you I don't want to drive by Lafeyette, continue driving for another hour to Indy and then drive back for the game.

If you can stay in Lafayette, do it. If you want to stay in Indy, do that. But if you're driving from here, Indy is beyond Lafeyette so to each his own.

lafayette, in - Google Maps

Don't even bother trying to stay in West Lafayette. There is very little there. Stay in Indianapolis. There are a lot of nice hotels & restaurants in northwest Indianapolis. From there you are less than an hour from the stadium.

Been there numerous times to see Iowa & O$U play. Stayed in West Lafayette the first few times but there is even less there than Champaign-Urbana. At least Champaign-Urbana has a few good restaurants like Jumers.

Usually stayed at I-465 & Allisonville Road area in northwest Indianapolis. Every type of restaurant & motel you could possibly want is right in the area.

That really depends where you driving in from doesn't it?

I've been 3 times and I can assure you I don't want to drive by Lafeyette, continue driving for another hour to Indy and then drive back for the game.

If you can stay in Lafayette, do it. If you want to stay in Indy, do that. But if you're driving from here, Indy is beyond Lafeyette so to each his own.

lafayette, in - Google Maps

From Iowa City it is only 30 miles farther to Indianapolis. To West Lafayette you stay on I-80 until you hit I-65 in western Indiana. To Indianapolis you take I-74 in the Quad Cities.

Do what you want, but if I was leaving from Iowa City I'd drive to Indianapolis. Plus, there is very little traffic between the Quad Cities & Indianapolis on I-74.

Easy drive to Indy taking I-74 and little traffic and easy drive up to West Lafayette on Saturday if you are looking for hotels and restaurants Indy if just the game and home does not matter, but I would do Indy.

Easy drive to Indy taking I-74 and little traffic and easy drive up to West Lafayette on Saturday if you are looking for hotels and restaurants Indy if just the game and home does not matter, but I would do Indy.

Yeah, but if you go to Indianapolis, you miss beautiful, downtown Gary.

You are a brave man. I don't know that I would want to take a chance being around the fans of our most hated rival. You know how much bad blood there is between Iowa and Purdue, it's been building up for years, things could get ugly.

Thanks for the replies. Sounds like the nightlife is going to be a little lacking. We are heading over from Cedar Rapids, so I doubt we will venture to Indy and then backtrack. We'll just have to bring the party with us and hopefully run into several hundred other Hawk fans looking for a good time!

Been there three times. There's nightlife downtown....several bars. I stayed at a Super-8 right off of I-65 on highway 26. Took a taxi to and from the stadium. Hum-drum tailgating IMO.

Purdont is a craphole. But they have a really big drum, so, you know, there's that.

Hey it's not that bad. Small classisc college town.

Hit Harry's Chocolate Factory or Jake's in West Lafayette if you want the college bar scene. Both pretty good but crowded.

If you want something for the thirty something crowd go to the lafayette side of the river. A few good bar's and grills throughout.

If you are really crazy or just want to see some crazy crap hit the bars about 7:00 am game morning. Tradition called breakfast club happens every home game Saturday morning. A grown up and drunk version of Halloween.

Otherwise, tailgating is OK. In the style you'd find at the golf course or out at the mall in Iowa City. Not much front yard tailgating.

Latest posts