Any word on Pemsell?

GVGiant44

Ordinarily, I would not worry about such things. But next to Nunge, Pemsell was the player giving the greatest effort last night. His injury history also shows me he is practically made of old, brittle glass. And going full speed into that mess just looked ugly. Has anyone heard anything?

His injury history also shows me he is practically made of old, brittle glass.
What a stupid fucking post.

You’d have skin tears from your beer gut bouncing up and down before you got to half court.

When you’re out there busting your ass on that court then you can give 19 year olds shit about being brittle. I’m all for criticism about the team’s play and coaching styles, but injuries are off limits. It’s about as civilized as shitting in the street.

Last edited:

You’d have skin tears from your beer gut bouncing up and down before you got to half court.

When you’re out there busting your ass on that court then you can give 19 year olds shit about being brittle. I’m all for criticism about the teams play and coaching styles, but injuries are off limits. It’s about as civilized as shitting in the street.

lolwut

When you’re out there busting your ass on that court then you can give 19 year olds shit about being brittle. I’m all for criticism about the teams play and coaching styles, but injuries are off limits. It’s about as civilized as shitting in the street.
I don't think he was making fun of him. He was just noting his having had knee issues in the past which are totally unrelated to him getting cut on that chair or whatever it was he hit. Worrying about a kid that's been hurt in the past that just got hurt again is all I take from what he's saying. Some guys are more apt to get hurt then others one way or another it seems like and Pemsl isn't very lucky atm. Would I use the word brittle to describe him? No but it's semantics I get what he's saying.

i really liked a lot of what i saw last night. JBo and Brady running off screens and getting wide, wide open 3's. Brady could have scored 25+ last night, he missed a lot of open 3's. but, i see the offense of the future for this season.

I checked in with Iowa sports information for an update on CP. They do not have one yet but hope to have one by the end of the day.

Should we be concerned? I would have expected a "gash" to get a few stitches and send him home. But we are hearing nothing official. Is he being treated in Ames? Uh oh.

Played too much to red shirt. Fran was talking about a possible broken bone last night. Fran and his teammates made it seem like they'd be without CP for awhile but that was right after the fact. I believe he was taken back to Iowa City.

i really liked a lot of what i saw last night. JBo and Brady running off screens and getting wide, wide open 3's. Brady could have scored 25+ last night, he missed a lot of open 3's. but, i see the offense of the future for this season.

You see any signs of defense out there? Bc if we can't locate our man, or mainly guys slipping behind the zone, it won't matter if Brady scores 25 a game. We'll work the ball around and have a good possession only to have opposing teams come right down the floor and either penetrate and dish or a few quick passes to move our incredibly slow zone for an easy basket/open 3(which everyone makes at a high clip vs Iowa). Maddening.

You see any signs of defense out there? Bc if we can't locate our man, or mainly guys slipping behind the zone, it won't matter if Brady scores 25 a game. We'll work the ball around and have a good possession only to have opposing teams come right down the floor and either penetrate and dish or a few quick passes to move our incredibly slow zone for an easy basket/open 3(which everyone makes at a high clip vs Iowa). Maddening.

in my opinion, the defense is what it typically is. it can be better. but we've had at least 18 to's in 3 straight games and are avg 16.33 to's in our 6 losses. that is the main problem...ball handling. that's 16 possessions we don't even get a shot off. that's a big number. you fix that and ft % and you're on the right track.

in my opinion, the defense is what it typically is. it can be better. but we've had at least 18 to's in 3 straight games and are avg 16.33 to's in our 6 losses. that is the main problem...ball handling. that's 16 possessions we don't even get a shot off. that's a big number. you fix that and ft % and you're on the right track.

I'd add passing to that. Spacing/court awareness as well.

Played too much to red shirt. Fran was talking about a possible broken bone last night. Fran and his teammates made it seem like they'd be without CP for awhile but that was right after the fact. I believe he was taken back to Iowa City.

I think he is actually eligible for a redshirt. They go 30 percent of the season, which is 9.3 in 31 games and they round up, so 10 would be the limit.

Last edited:

Latest posts