Any word of a Black and Gold Blowout after a football game this year?

Haven't heard either. I do know the 1st exhibition game is November 7th. Hard to believe basketball season is only a month away.

Please, please, PLEASE at least show some signs for optimism this year. When we get into the dog days of winter, it's nice to have Iowa basketball going on at least...the last few years, not so much.

Haven't heard either. I do know the 1st exhibition game is November 7th. Hard to believe basketball season is only a month away.

Please, please, PLEASE at least show some signs for optimism this year. When we get into the dog days of winter, it's nice to have Iowa basketball going on at least...the last few years, not so much.

Agreed, December through March (minus the bowl game for one day) have been some of the longest months ever with our bball team so lousy. Makes winter just drag on and on and on.

I loved the B/G Blowout-type stuff, even when we were bad.

It was free, let the players get out and run, usually had a dunk contest, the kids got autographs and photos with some of their favorite players, free posters and trading cards, etc.

To me, that was very deflating when we cut that out. It seemed like we were taking a "What's the point? We suck" attitude before we even played an exhibition game.

Thought I heard there was something last weekend. Just open practice perhaps? I could be wrong...

Yeah, it was just an open scrimmage. I have had the opportunity to attend a couple of KU's midnight madness over the last decade or so. I know we will never have one as insane as theirs, but in my opinion we need to have something that creates a little buzz for the bball team. With a new coach and new attitude, I guess I expected something. It can only help recruiting when you're up against schools that have these events that show people care about your bball program.

It can only help recruiting when you're up against schools that have these events that show people care about your bball program.

I think that was part of the problem, not getting enough people to care enough to even go to a free scrimmage.

I remember a Blowout a few years back, maybe in Alford's final season or Lickliter's first season, tailgating after the football game in the parking lot across from CHA. I was taking my kid over to Carver, and asked some of the people in the group if they were going to go. They looked at me like I asked them if I could cut off their genitals with a rusty spoon.

No matter who you blame, it's going to be a long road back ...

I hope they do it also. Like after the MSU game...probably be an 11 oclock game,which works well for a 3 oclock B & G Blowout.
I attended most years. Fans love a preview of coming attractions,the new players,the new style...and the good news? Hawks win,and everyone looks good,usually. Some dunks,ect...it is important for Fran and co. to try to build momentum and enthusiasm among the fan base. Every little bit helps. Do it.

I hope they do one of these. After either the Wisconsin or Michigan State game would be ideal.

Latest posts