Any truth to ESPN gameday being in Arizona

DANKRISTIN

Caught wind that ESPN was considering Arizona/Iowa for gameday. Obviously depends on this weekend and what Georgia and Arkansas do.

I have no inside info but looking at next weeks schedule it seems like there is a decent chance. NCAA College Football Scores and Schedules - ESPN

Today is gonna have a lot of great match-ups but next week, not so much. The Arkansas @ Georgia game I think is the most likely but I think Iowa @ Arizona is probably second (provided we win and Arizona looks decent). I guess it just gives me another reason to root for South Carolina to knock off Georgia. I will also be rooting against FSU and Tennessee for today at least.

Last edited:
Would they want to wait that long for Game Day Finale? I think this game will get over around 12:30 to 1:00 AM on the East Coast.

Who does Arizona play today?

I'm sure they won't announce anything until they make sure both teams win.

Will this decrease the chance of Gameday being in Iowa City for PSU, Wisconsin or OSU? If so, i hope it is not in Arizona.

Will this decrease the chance of Gameday being in Iowa City for PSU, Wisconsin or OSU? If so, i hope it is not in Arizona.

If Wisconsin beats OSU, and Iowa and Wiscy are undefeated, I'll guarantee that is a Gameday game....regardless of who else is playing that week or whether or not Gameday goes to Arizona. If Wiscy has a loss, Gameday won't be in town that day anyway.

PSU won't be a Gameday game either, unless somehow PSU pulls off the upset tonight.

Our best two chances of having Iowa associated with Gameday (outside of the Arizona game) are the Michigan and OSU games. If Iowa and UM are both undefeated when Iowa/UM play, I'd damn near guarantee that ends up being a Gameday game. Ohio State/Iowa will be a gameday game in all liklihood if it determines the Big Ten champion. If OSU/Iowa are undefeated, then it will be for sure a Gameday game, as it will be a match up of two top 5 teams (maybe #1 or #2).

Latest posts