Any truth to airfare from Iowa/Chicago to LA?

EstronHawkKing

Hearing that ticket prices for flights are at around $900. Overheard co-workers talking about this.

Last edited:
Fly to Las Vegas, rent a car and drive. I've made the drive before. It isn't that bad, and a fairly interesting drive. That's what I'm doing if I go. I'll go if I get tickets in section 18, which is where I'd expect my seats from the University to be at. But they kind of jacked me around in Indy, so one never knows. But we have a new, conservative U President, so I'm thinking I'll be o.k.!

Hey, Hey, Go and Make America Great Again!

Fly to Las Vegas, rent a car and drive. I've made the drive before. It isn't that bad, and a fairly interesting drive.
Yes, gambling subsidized tickets are cheap. Drive time is right at 4 hours to Pasadena. If you know how to play Allegiant's game you are looking at $550 round trip for two from Des Moines. All of their flights are non-stop but only fly on certain days of the week. They have other hubs besides Las Vegas, but I have property in Arizona and when I go there it's almost always cheaper to fly to Vegas and then drive to Prescott then to fly to Mesa and drive. The downside is car rentals seem a little higher in Vegas so sometimes it costs more to rent a car for a week then it does for the round trip tickets. We usually spend 1 nite there on each trip, the night before the return trip. Those leave pretty early in the morning so maybe 2 nites might be better for some :) As for the drive to LA being interesting... not so much for my taste. It's better in January, but can be absolutely brutal during the Summer.

Could take Sun Country out of Minny. If you can stand Minny. Sun Country to LV. Or Southwest from KC. Fly Midway to LV. ad infinitum..

Lots of ways to get there for a reasonable amount.

We called cheapair.com. They had some flights that were not available online. Wound up getting direct flights from Chicago for $420. Might be worth trying to call some of those sites (travelocity, orbitz, travelzoo etc) to see if they have some other options.

Fly to Las Vegas, rent a car and drive. I've made the drive before. It isn't that bad, and a fairly interesting drive. That's what I'm doing if I go. I'll go if I get tickets in section 18, which is where I'd expect my seats from the University to be at. But they kind of jacked me around in Indy, so one never knows. But we have a new, conservative U President, so I'm thinking I'll be o.k.!

Hey, Hey, Go and Make America Great Again!

This is what I'm doing. Gonna hit Vegas for NYE, then hit the Hangover Heaven bus, then hit the road to LA. You might want to check flying into Vegas out of Minneapolis. I just bought tickets last night for 365. Cheaper than you're gonna find anywhere else at this point.

Latest posts