Any real chance of assistant coaching changes

Fran's offense is predicated on motion and freeing a player up. He likes to have players curl into the lane area off anywhere from 1-3 screens. He also describes a "position-less" philosophy, where teams can't focus just on one player.

The problem is, you have to have the right players to make it work. Marble and Uthoff fit very well coming off the curl screens due to their ability to rise up and creative offensive moves, but we don't have a guy right now that fits that mold. Moss flashes, but he hasn't shown at all that he has the right will and determination to the "the guy."

So, what he's left with is transition offense, but, with a dearth of guards and terrible defense, all that happens is the game gets away from the team and they get blown out.

I don't think his offensive philosophy is necessarily bad. Where he has failed is at the player evaluation, recruiting and developing levels. He's facing some harsh realities right now.
And even the transition offense we pride our selves on doesn't do any good if your constantly picking the ball out of the net. Every time they score is one less time you can get out and run. Even the sixth grade girls I used to coach understood that.

No specific names other than Cook that everyone knows about. Though there is apparently rumor in Indiana that Nunge is unhappy but I just take that with a grain of salt. I'm in the " Iowa won 4 conference games so who cares who leaves" camp.

So am I. This is a 4-14 team. Whoever leaves, leaves

You can't DM someone unless they follow you unless they are stupid and changed it where their DM's are open to anyone.

So you assume that all the (however many Twitter followers each player has) posts only positive tweets and DMs? Better to just uninstall the social apps from their phone during the season.

So you assume that all the (however many Twitter followers each player has) posts only positive tweets and DMs? Better to just uninstall the social apps from their phone during the season.

No what I'm saying is random people can't send you DM's, it's only people that you follow that have access to your direct messages. I'm sure players get negative things tweeted at them all the time but those would be easier to ignore than DM's. I don't like the coaches having a rule you can't have social media during the season but I agree a lot of the players are better off just staying off of it if things are getting bad.

5 players eh?? Did he rattle off who all he thought might be out? That'd make things pretty interesting
If “the source” is Kakert from HawkeyeReport then the five transferring rumoring was about Illinois — not Iowa.

but he says he thinks Iowa could lose three — one of those is Cook who he put at 40% to return to Iowa. Maishe is not one of them.

I don’t know if he’s counting Uhl or not.

And even the transition offense we pride our selves on doesn't do any good if your constantly picking the ball out of the net. Every time they score is one less time you can get out and run. Even the sixth grade girls I used to coach understood that.
Transition offense was average this year. Because steals were down 80 from last season. 250+ down to 175.

As an aside: I had coaches that coached and we practiced running all the time — even and especially when the ball went through the net. Most teams take a mental breath after a made shot. We ran ‘em

Transition offense was average this year. Because steals were down 80 from last season. 250+ down to 175.

As an aside: I had coaches that coached and we practiced running all the time — even and especially when the ball went through the net. Most teams take a mental breath after a made shot. We ran ‘em
All good points. But if players haven't learned to get back on defense by the high school level they will probably sit in favor of someone who will. You don't mention how old you were when your coaches taught you what you mentioned.

And yes, it seemed like steals were down this year, another area where Baer regressed. Your research bears this out.

If “the source” is Kakert from HawkeyeReport then the five transferring rumoring was about Illinois — not Iowa.

but he says he thinks Iowa could lose three — one of those is Cook who he put at 40% to return to Iowa. Maishe is not one of them.

I don’t know if he’s counting Uhl or not.
So, maybe Cook, Ellingson, and someone else. Should be interesting.

All good points. But if players haven't learned to get back on defense by the high school level they will probably sit in favor of someone who will. You don't mention how old you were when your coaches taught you what you mentioned.

And yes, it seemed like steals were down this year, another area where Baer regressed. Your research bears this out.
Can’t claim it as mine. Heard stats on radio. Very startling. Only team Fran’s had under 200 and it’s far below that.

Yeah, I don’t like bringing up my experience. It’s anecdotal. But it was 4A HS in metro area and we ran out of necessity since our center for 2 years was 6’2”. Then low level college — that guy couldn’t coach D and played his sons too much so they could get awards.

Look! you got me talking about myself like I’ve been body snatched by Hawkgold.
:)

;) That’s for you Hg