Any potential Jaleel or Kozan on the horizon?

desihawk

The way this recruiting season has played out so far- I sense no build-up, suspense, tension. Just one 3 star after another. Can't really ***** since they are all reasonably rated, but there's no drama either. At this rate, by November, the class will be filled out without shedding a drop of adrenaline.

So do we have anybody on the board who might give Jaleel and Kozan a run for their money? Basically, somebody 4-stars and above who shows the potential to toy with Iowa fans (and other suitors).

Not too many 4* even left on the board, I've heard.

Not for Iowa, and the ones that are available don't have Iowa too high on their list. I think we get more four stars by the time the class signs but that will be due to one or two of the current commits getting bumped up. Delano Hill, Colin Goebel, and John Kenny all could get bumped up with good senior campaigns.

I don't care if we get another 4 star. Don't get me wrong, it would be nice, but the fact we are getting so many early recruits tells me the staff is getting some of their top targets. The coaches know what type of player they need to be successful in their system.

I don't care if we get another 4 star. Don't get me wrong, it would be nice, but the fact we are getting so many early recruits tells me the staff is getting some of their top targets. The coaches know what type of player they need to be successful in their system.

Yeah, this isn't desperation time, these are kids the staff targeted. No fallback kids here, even if they aren't highly rated.

Yeah, this isn't desperation time, these are kids the staff targeted. No fallback kids here, even if they aren't highly rated.

Don't get me wrong, I agree. I've read that Iowa has told some recruits that they have until certain dates to commit or they will move on. You don't do that unless you are targeting good kids from top to bottom. That's a very proactive stance you don't see Iowa take too often.

Don't get me wrong, I agree. I've read that Iowa has told some recruits that they have until certain dates to commit or they will move on. You don't do that unless you are targeting good kids from top to bottom. That's a very proactive stance you don't see Iowa take too often.

We've never been in this position. This is very much uncharted territory. Is this on Davis? This doesn't seem like Kirk at all.

We've never been in this position. This is very much uncharted territory. Is this on Davis? This doesn't seem like Kirk at all.

Exactly. Welsh said today that he was given that exact ultimatum. Commit, or we move on. My only fear is that it makes some kids say "yes" only to have them look around behind Iowa's back and jump later on.

Agree with all posts, feels like Iowa is getting the guys they want despite not targeting too many 4-5 stars. Bodes well for a solid nucleus.

One observation unrelated to topic considering that WRs seem to be piling up like cordwood -- they are so different (quick, short versus tall, physical) from the ones we lusted for in previous years. Soup made his mark coaching the big/tall/physical guys, hope he can put the small/quick guys to as good use.

I do think that there is some truth in that we just aren't going to get a ton of 4 star prospects this year. Michigan in particular has really hurt us this year head to head in recruiting, and MSU and Wisconsin are getting a few punches in as well. We're not necessarily getting our first choices with recruits. However, I do believe these are the years where Ferentz really shines, every player we have gotten has got some good tape and they're just a little overlooked, and Ferentz is stacking them like cordwood. More than a few of these guys will have good senior seasons and get ranked a little better, and unlike some programs, we'll have some room for a star or two at the end that couldn't make a decision quick enough for the big schools.

Latest posts