Any guess

4thngoal

As to the real score had it been called fair. I'm going to assume one more td for us and one less for them.
If that wasn't the most blatant effort to try and make Nebraska look like a decent 5 win team, I don't know what it was.
There is no other excuse.
I about blew a gasket when Goodson gets face masked and we get called for some bullshit unsportsman.
Our Hawks should be proud, they went on the road and beat Nebraska and the refs.

Last edited:
I don't think the score would have been a lot different. Iowa's offense was DOA after the 1st quarter.

It was 24-17 when they missed the Goodson face-mask and hit ISM with the unsportsmanlike penalty. That was the first really poor call. So maybe they don't give Nebraska the ball back in quite as good of field position there but Nebraska's offense had Iowa's D reeling at that point of the game. Maybe Iowa holds the 24-17 lead if the call goes their way.

The game reminded me a lot of the PSU game in 2018. Rainy, good start but strange feel to the game. Iowa should have been ahead more. Really struggled on offense. 2 critical turnovers. Special teams TD, Iowa's D struggled stoping the run, particularly in the middle of the game only to recover and keep Iowa afloat in the 4th quarter.

The big difference was Iowa didn't have Fant out there blowing an audible and Nate stepped up and hit some passes. Also helped that Nebraska didn't have McSorely to bail them out.

Dolph and Eddie said the running into the punter was questionable.

Then again they think every flag thrown on Iowa is questionable.

They were bemoaning bad spots, missed offensive and defensive holding, chippy play not being controlled, and more.

The game was replayed at one am this morning so I will check for myself later as I recorded it.

Running into the kicker, if I'm not mistaken, may have had a cumulative ripple effect that tired out our defense and made the third quarter difficult. That seemed inocuous enough at the time, but it set the tone for most of the rest of the game. It's tiring enough playing against a Nebraska offense because of the pace they play.

Dolph and Eddie said the running into the punter was questionable.

Then again they think every flag thrown on Iowa is questionable.

They were bemoaning bad spots, missed offensive and defensive holding, chippy play not being controlled, and more.

The game was replayed at one am this morning so I will check for myself later as I recorded it.

Running into the kicker, if I'm not mistaken, may have had a cumulative ripple effect that tired out our defense and made the third quarter difficult. That seemed inocuous enough at the time, but it set the tone for most of the rest of the game. It's tiring enough playing against a Nebraska offense because of the pace they play.

Yeah that call was iffy at best, looked like Nebraska's punter threw his legs into the Iowa player more than anything but nothing came as a result of it though. Iowa stopped them right after that.

Nebraska should of had a helmet to helmet that happened right along our sideline. They should of had a targeting.
We shouldn't of had that unsportsmanlike and they should of had a facemask.
We shouldn't of had that running into the kicker.

Just the running into the kicker flipped a possession, but you add up the yards lost by them and take a couple of the bs calls against us away and it would have reflected on the score board.
I'm not going to weigh in on if it was a catch or not. It looked like it to me, but not every call goes your way and that's why it's important to leave no doubt. But not every call should go against you either.
We might have gotten away with 1 maybe 2 but they were minor and questionable.
They got away with like 4 just in the 3rd quarter that were not questionable.
People saying play calling ruined momentum? The refs are the biggest play callers there is.

Yeah that call was iffy at best, looked like Nebraska's punter threw his legs into the Iowa player more than anything but nothing came as a result of it though. Iowa stopped them right after that.
It was a catch.
It was targeting.
Poor spots.
Running into the kicker.
unsportsmanlike
Standing over the ball as the clock ran down
After Duncan winning kick they were trying to come up with something, knew they had failed to get Fuskers win

Nebraska should of had a helmet to helmet that happened right along our sideline. They should of had a targeting.
We shouldn't of had that unsportsmanlike and they should of had a facemask.
We shouldn't of had that running into the kicker.
I get the point of your post, but the phrase is, “should have.”

I’m not a grammar nazi, but if you want people to consider your viewpoints seriously you have to look like you’re trying.

Last edited:
The biggest factor was that pick 6. That let them back in it and Stanley played liked crap until the final drive after that.

The biggest factor was that pick 6. That let them back in it and Stanley played liked crap until the final drive after that.

The pick 6 was a really bad throw. Cant understand how he didnt see the underneath player who tipped it into the air. At that point Iowa was dominant and may have taken the ball down to get a 17-3 or 21-3 lead.

You are really right about the momentum switch. But then ISM runs it right back for 95 yards and momentum Iowa.

I thought as much as the pick 6 that BF started calling and Nate kept throwing those low percentage short out passes. Goodson getting hurt and a couple of dropped passes also hurt, plus the refs made this a close game.

The pick six was a horrible throw and if anybody should not have thrown it, it's your Senior quarterback. But with ISM running back the kickoff following that, it completely neutralized the pick six, almost as if it never happened because we wouldn't have scored our TD without the interception. It did give them some life at that point though.

The pick six was a horrible throw and if anybody should not have thrown it, it's your Senior quarterback. But with ISM running back the kickoff following that, it completely neutralized the pick six, almost as if it never happened because we wouldn't have scored our TD without the interception. It did give them some life at that point though.

We should of had a pick as well.
Also I'm not sold that they shouldn't of had intentional grounding on that one play.
They didn't show a review of it very well,
So it's hard to say for sure.

I just think the refs kept the score closer than what it would have been in a perfectly called game.
On a side note my gal laughed her ass off when AJ did have a off sides and a second or two later their guy doesn't just fall over he flies to the ground.

Scott Frost was still complaining after all these breaks. He must have had the expectation that the refs were going to hand him the win.

The whole deal of refs trying to stop Iowa from no huddling on the spike was just strange. Or the delay of game that was caused by the ref being infront of the ball.

Maybe the big ten really wanted Nebraska bowling.

Scott Frost was still complaining after all these breaks. He must have had the expectation that the refs were going to hand him the win.

The whole deal of refs trying to stop Iowa from no huddling on the spike was just strange. Or the delay of game that was caused by the ref being infront of the ball.

Maybe the big ten really wanted Nebraska bowling.

Yeah that was some bizarre shit there.

But yeah he wanted a flag for blowing kisses? Jesus, next year are we going to have a diaper changing contest? We played clean, they were taking cheap shots and when they still couldn't win you want a flag for blowing kisses. Pa......lease.

Latest posts