Any chance we see a new wrinkle on offense this week?

I thought they had been secretly practicing the WildHawk formation since their first wide receiver who was a quarterback in high school. I can't remember which one.

I think the hawks are working on passing plays to take advantage of mich loading the box.

You have to send two receivers at a safety, let the receivers split and Jake reads the safety and lets her fly.

TD, TD, TD, Mich backs off we run it down their throats, game set match Iowa

The Chaney reverse is always good for some excitement, all 12 yards of it.

Seems like Andy Brodell was the best at that play from what I can remember. I believe he had a touchdown or two off of that. Not sure anybody else had a whole lot of success with it. I could be wrong though.

I think if it is very difficult weather wise, I think that might actually help Iowa. It would make it a physical drag out fight, and with the way Michigan has been playing(soft), I like our chances with that. It would take away some of the deep threats mich presents.

I agree with you, but I'm afraid it won't happen with the weather this week. I think it's fair to say that KF is conservative by nature; wind and cold will most likely keep him in his shell.

This. This actually may be a game where short horizontal passes are most effective due to the cold and wind. I expect to see a lot of runs ... to set up the running game.

Would be nice if they could get Weisman and Canzeri on the field at the same time. In a pistol, wing back, or I formation. I think that would open up new runs, new read options, and new play action passes.

I would like to see them maybe add a wildcat package for Canzeri. From what I've seen out of him the last couple of gms they need to get the ball in his hands more often. What does everybody else think?

I hope the new wrinkles would come on defense this week. Confuze the hell out of Gardner and make him make quick decisions.

Michigan's running backs have really struggled picking up the blitz and pass protecting this year. I hope Iowa sends 5 or 6 after the QB a lot and makes Gardner beat them with his mind and arm.

I would like to see them maybe add a wildcat package for Canzeri. From what I've seen out of him the last couple of gms they need to get the ball in his hands more often. What does everybody else think?

The problem I have with the Wildcat formation is that most teams have adjusted to it. They can be about 99.9% certain that you're going to run the ball. It's like showing your hand in a game of poker. If you snap it real quick before the defense can adjust then it might work okay, but if you allow the defense to see what you're doing then they are just gonna load up against the run. I've seen it occasionally the past couple weeks in both college and the NFL and it just doesn't seem like it's working anymore. For that reason, I think it's wise to stay in formations where a pass is at least a threat.

The problem I have with the Wildcat formation is that most teams have adjusted to it. They can be about 99.9% certain that you're going to run the ball. It's like showing your hand in a game of poker. If you snap it real quick before the defense can adjust then it might work okay, but if you allow the defense to see what you're doing then they are just gonna load up against the run. I've seen it occasionally the past couple weeks in both college and the NFL and it just doesn't seem like it's working anymore. For that reason, I think it's wise to stay in formations where a pass is at least a threat.

Good point which is why when you have a Hines Ward type player who can really run or pass that formation is so tough. And guys like Cam Newton are just those types.

I hope the new wrinkles would come on defense this week. Confuze the hell out of Gardner and make him make quick decisions.

Michigan's running backs have really struggled picking up the blitz and pass protecting this year. I hope Iowa sends 5 or 6 after the QB a lot and makes Gardner beat them with his mind and arm.

If there was a record, I would expect us to crush it in terms of an all time high in number of blitzes in a single game.

expect the unexpected

images

Dalton agrees.

Based on the forecast, the answer is NO. No way KF will jeopardize field position and ball control on a new wrinkle.

I think this is the week to empty the playbook, if you have things you've been holding on to. You are at home. Gotta get to seven wins this week...empty the tank.

Yep this is the week to empty the barrel...leave it all on the field...etc. Put it all down this week and let it ride....

Well Greg Davis is kinda old, so it wouldn't surprise me if he has a new wrinkle. Really don't want to know anything more than that.

Latest posts