Any chance we see a new wrinkle on offense this week?

ibahawkeye

Coming off the bye week against Ohio St we saw the 3 TE set so do we see anything new this week?

Do we start actually using the zone read this week.... and when I say use I mean actually having the QB keep the ball on some plays.

I think we do see something different and I'm not sure what but this is my guess.

Would be nice if they could get Weisman and Canzeri on the field at the same time. In a pistol, wing back, or I formation. I think that would open up new runs, new read options, and new play action passes.

The forecast is ominous....high winds and cold. I think that will impact our gameplan more than the bye week. Not sure if this helps or hurts Iowa. I think Gardener probably has a stronger arm than Jake, so maybe Blue can pass thru the wind better than Iowa. I think our o-line is better so maybe we can run better than Blue? I look for a defensive struggle with passing only with the wind, which could break either way. Funchess and Gallon are dangerous, so Iowa needs to control the ball.

With the extra week to plan things they will definitely have some new wrinkles on both offense and defense.

With the extra week to plan things they will definitely have some new wrinkles on both offense and defense.

I could see some special defensive looks to confuse Gardener....blitzing him has been very effective in recent weeks.

I don't think Weisman is running lateral enough. Work some end arounds with him as a WR to go with the sweep plays.

Coming off the bye week against Ohio St we saw the 3 TE set so do we see anything new this week?

Do we start actually using the zone read this week.... and when I say use I mean actually having the QB keep the ball on some plays.

I think we do see something different and I'm not sure what but this is my guess.

Need 23 years of history to establish tendencies.

I think this is the week to empty the playbook, if you have things you've been holding on to. You are at home. Gotta get to seven wins this week...empty the tank.

I think this is the week to empty the playbook, if you have things you've been holding on to. You are at home. Gotta get to seven wins this week...empty the tank.
I agree with you, but I'm afraid it won't happen with the weather this week. I think it's fair to say that KF is conservative by nature; wind and cold will most likely keep him in his shell.

NO!!!!!

Yes,7 yard outs on 3rd and 8. Also Cotton is going to finally take. 1 to the house. Weismann is going to run the wildhawk and run, throw, and catch a touchdown.

I agree with you, but I'm afraid it won't happen with the weather this week. I think it's fair to say that KF is conservative by nature; wind and cold will most likely keep him in his shell.

Laff, the weather has nothing to do with why it won't happen. It won't b/c it is Kirk.

Latest posts