Any chance we don't suck?

sirfarmsalot

I can't take another ****** season. Wait all year for football, if we suck again this year I will need heavy meds. Any reason for optimism?

Honestly, against my better judgement, I'm starting to feel more optimistic. Like 7-8 wins optimistic.

**** if I know why.

I've been optimistic all along. Must be because I'm a super fan. Jkjk

But in all sneriousness... The tweets and the scrimmages and the debates are all getting me pumped.

Sticking with 8-10 wins.

I think if KF lets Greg Davis fully take over (which it looks like he is) then the hawks will do just fine

Agreed. No more half-measures. I wasn't sure if Ferentz had another great run in him, because it would likely have required him to change his offensive philosophy in ways I never would have imagined him doing. I'm happy to see I might have been wrong.

non-sucky year criteria:

1. beat Ames
2. win at least 4 conference games
3. no losses by more than 14
4. no non conference losses
5. at least one victory over a ranked team

Based on what I saw today, they are probably a 6 win team if they played last year's schedule. With the tougher slate this year, they will have trouble reaching that mark. QB play is still an issue.

not the news I was looking for

Most others in attendance felt differently. There is reason for optimism. Keep in mind that last years team was probably a 6 or 7 win team before their entire running game was injured in the span of about 2 quarters. It is pretty clear that this team is better.

So its all set. This year the discussion will focus on whether or not the hawks suck and the very definition of sucking.

By the way, win or lose, the first game, Iowa usually looks pretty raw and rough around the edges. So, you can expect, win or lose, that many will say Iowa sucks the evening of 8/31/13.

So its all set. This year the discussion will focus on whether or not the hawks suck and the very definition of sucking.

By the way, win or lose, the first game, Iowa usually looks pretty raw and rough around the edges. So, you can expect, win or lose, that many will say Iowa sucks the evening of 8/31/13.

I expect things to be pretty sad around here unless Iowa rolls which I don't expect with Lynch on the other side.

I am hopeful for 6 or 7 wins. Need at least 2 WR to step up and at least be threats to make this offense work.

I think a lot of the naysayers and pundits are in for a surprise. Everything in terms of expectations has been predicated off of last season. No two seasons are exactly the same and time and time again this program has not been predictable both for the better and the worse.

What many do not know yet is we are deep with young players with a lot of promise and have many more playmakers especially in the junior class on down. In some position groups we are loaded.

It is going to take some games to figure out and break in the QB but all 3 will be better than what we had.

We will be starting the process of starting the next big run.....

For those who jumped off the bandwagon, your seat my not be there when you come back.

Most others in attendance felt differently. There is reason for optimism. Keep in mind that last years team was probably a 6 or 7 win team before their entire running game was injured in the span of about 2 quarters. It is pretty clear that this team is better.
Yes they are better, but they are 6-6 better, not 8-4 better. They also have a far tougher schedule than last year, so they can be a little improved yet not really reflect that fact in the final record. This is not a clear bowl team at this point. Not even close. We are still going to be in the bottom half of the B1G in QB play, and the defense is still the definition of mediocre. Absolutely no pass rush at all from the edges.