Answers from Ames

Good lord. It is a message board so please get off your high horse. Fans have every right to be ****** about a coaching staff that does not seem to learn from past (overly conservative) mistakes. I never post about football topics because it is not what I know, but a message board is a message board.

Holier than thou? Yeah, probably..........the message is still valid.

Good lord. It is a message board so please get off your high horse. Fans have every right to be ****** about a coaching staff that does not seem to learn from past (overly conservative) mistakes. I never post about football topics because it is not what I know, but a message board is a message board.

Looks like you are posting about football topics anyway...and I never said no one had a right to be mad about coaching decisions, but your high horse seems to be higher than mine.

I posted about your post, not about football strategy.

Then please explain how my post places me on a high horse. As far was I can see I simply offered sound advice for everyone who was acting like 3 yr olds throwing tantrums and now am conversing to someone who has an ore up their Ganges. Deal with it. Yes, a messege board is a messege board (great comeback there btw) but you can get over yourself.

By not being aggressive with lots of time, 2 timeouts, and a good offense to play for the win instead of running out the clock and go to overtime. It doesn't matter much. If we had stopped them in OT people wouldn't have thrown such a fit about him playing it safe.

Iowa fans just need to realize that we have a coaching staff with no passion and no imagination and a staff that plays scared. When everyone realizes that, then Iowa fans can sit on their hands during games and when the staff doesn't try anything risky, the fans can just shrug their shoulders..."oh well, another loss, but KF is a great guy." Maybe the Iowa coaching staff can instill the same lack of passion and lack of imagination (even wanting Iowa to take a risk)...then we will all be on the same page. That is my new attitude...don't expect ANYTHING from this coaching staff except what we have seen for the past 13 years, even the same nine plays over and over. And let the offense try and win a game...no, no, no--THAT is TOO risky, we might make a mistake and we can't have a team that makes a mistake. Afterall, this staff has convinced Iowa fans that Iowa out executes the other team, which we all know is a bunch of lies. Iowa plays down to its opponents, or when they are playing a very good team, they give the opposition EVERY chance to win while for Iowa, it is just too risky to take a chance. Hell, they might win the game...THEN Iowa fans would expect this staff to take a chance again.

This coaching staff should read what is being said of them but then they wouldn't care. It is all about being the most conservative, unimaginative, uninspiring, frightened coaching staff in college football. Elite coaching staff....hardly folks, hardly.

It has been said by the great football philosopher Ralph Waldo Emerson that "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Mr. Emerson never met Mr. Ferentz, yet he described him perfectly. Amazing...

Beaverdaleguy,

For the most part it sucks getting older, but one of the few good things you do get is a little wisdom and perspective on things. 10-12 years ago I would be fire this guy, fire that guy......Now, I can't really explain it after all the negatives I saw on the field yesterday I am still optimistic about the season. 8-4/9-3 is still possible, beating Nebraska, Floyd, it is all still out there to attain.

Agree.

I'm staying with 8-4. Hawks should win the non conference home games and lose to 3 Big Ten teams. Who knows. The way things materialized this past Saturday, with a few breaks, Iowa could win 9 games.

Iowa fans just need to realize that we have a coaching staff with no passion and no imagination and a staff that plays scared. When everyone realizes that, then Iowa fans can sit on their hands during games and when the staff doesn't try anything risky, the fans can just shrug their shoulders..."oh well, another loss, but KF is a great guy." Maybe the Iowa coaching staff can instill the same lack of passion and lack of imagination (even wanting Iowa to take a risk)...then we will all be on the same page. That is my new attitude...don't expect ANYTHING from this coaching staff except what we have seen for the past 13 years, even the same nine plays over and over. And let the offense try and win a game...no, no, no--THAT is TOO risky, we might make a mistake and we can't have a team that makes a mistake. Afterall, this staff has convinced Iowa fans that Iowa out executes the other team, which we all know is a bunch of lies. Iowa plays down to its opponents, or when they are playing a very good team, they give the opposition EVERY chance to win while for Iowa, it is just too risky to take a chance. Hell, they might win the game...THEN Iowa fans would expect this staff to take a chance again.

This coaching staff should read what is being said of them but then they wouldn't care. It is all about being the most conservative, unimaginative, uninspiring, frightened coaching staff in college football. Elite coaching staff....hardly folks, hardly.

I nominate this for worst post of the year.

Latest posts