Another year, another also ran in the West.

HawkeyeDenis

Northwestern leads the West. For a little while Iowa looked like a contender. They faltered against Wisconsin and now at Penn State. We can say that Iowa should have won those games but in fact when it's a team game the better team wins. Iowa has a good collection of players that aren't ready.

Meanwhile around the league we see these freshman quarterbacks leading their teams. Showing promise on the field that has eluded our junior quarterback. Iowa takes two to three years to develop a guy that other teams are recruiting out of high school.

We can see the effort but the finished product isn't there. And at the end of the year Iowa will lose guys to graduation. And next year it's a new team. And it starts all over again.

This team is not ready for prime time. They are fine against bad to average teams, but usually fall apart against good or better teams.

Iowa had played 2 good teams so far....and made critical mental mistakes that lost them both. They have 2 good opponents in a row coming up, a bad one, then a Nebraska team that I have a feeling is starting to get thing together.

I feel a big letdown next week, and a beat down from Purdue. Illinois should be a win. Because I refuse to believe Iowa will lose 4 out of their last 5, then I think they will split NW and Nebraska. Right now, with NW having even more incentive than usual vs Iowa (win that game and they are virtually assured of winning the West), I think they will be tough to beat.

8-4 appears to be the ceiling right now. This won’t be enough to make the Holiday Bowl, so it looks like another low level bowl for the Hawks. This season is gong to be looked back on by Hawk fans as one full of wasted opportunities and woulda coulda shoulda. It is going to stick in our craw for a long, long time.

We are pretenders like we always are. I had a migrane all night last night. I really have to find a way to not care anymore. More golf on Saturdays for now.

This team is not ready for prime time. They are fine against bad to average teams, but usually fall apart against good or better teams.

Iowa had played 2 good teams so far....and made critical mental mistakes that lost them both. They have 2 good opponents in a row coming up, a bad one, then a Nebraska team that I have a feeling is starting to get thing together.

I feel a big letdown next week, and a beat down from Purdue. Illinois should be a win. Because I refuse to believe Iowa will lose 4 out of their last 5, then I think they will split NW and Nebraska. Right now, with NW having even more incentive than usual vs Iowa (win that game and they are virtually assured of winning the West), I think they will be tough to beat.

8-4 appears to be the ceiling right now. This won’t be enough to make the Holiday Bowl, so it looks like another low level bowl for the Hawks. This season is gong to be looked back on by Hawk fans as one full of wasted opportunities and woulda coulda shoulda. It is going to stick in our craw for a long, long time.
This is our reality with KF. And it isn't changing. Once every 5 or 6 years we'll have a great season....if the stars align. I've embraced that fact. I recommend everyone do the same. Don't get your hopes up with this AD/Staff. If you have high hopes at the start of every season, you'll regret it far more often than not.

This is our reality with KF. And it isn't changing. Once every 5 or 6 years we'll have a great season....if the stars align. I've embraced that fact. I recommend everyone do the same. Don't get your hopes up with this AD/Staff. If you have high hopes at the start of every season, you'll regret it far more often than not.
Yeap! If twenty years of it hasn't convinced anyone by now then...... I don't know wtf to tell you!

We are pretenders like we always are. I had a migrane all night last night. I really have to find a way to not care anymore. More golf on Saturdays for now.
You just need to come to grips with what the Iowa program is, under Gutless Gary and KF. 7 or 8 wins every season. Bad offense and good defense. A Bowl game. You can never expect anything more. If we get more, just enjoy it. 7 or 8 wins is pretty good. It beats the hell out of what Minnesota, Nebraska and Illinois are getting.
I have zero expectations for Iowa athletics greatness. That's not ever going to happen under this AD. Even Gutless Gary knows his own limitations. He's scared to death to have to make a coaching hire. That's why he keeps mediocre coaches way too long and that's why he doesn't place expectations on head coaches to find and hire the best staff possible.

Don't be too hard on yourself! You and I and the others aren't the only ones part of a delusional fan bases! We might have a little insanity because we all know that definition!
Yeah we're still waiting for those different results! Going over twenty years now still expecting them!

And Wisconsin and Pedo State absolutely own us now, that hurts.

I predicted 6-6 after Wisconsin and still believe it. There is nothing left to play for; West is gone and major bowls are gone. Expect a huge letdown from the players culminating in an embarrassing loss to nebby.

Don't be too hard on yourself! You and I and the others aren't the only ones part of a delusional fan bases! We might have a little insanity because we all know that definition!
Yeah we're still waiting for those different results! Going over twenty years now still expecting them!
Along about Tuesday the usual suspects will be going on about how Purdue isn’t that good, Iowa will win by double digits, etc.

And Wisconsin and Pedo State absolutely own us now, that hurts.

I predicted 6-6 after Wisconsin and still believe it. There is nothing left to play for; West is gone and major bowls are gone. Expect a huge letdown from the players culminating in an embarrassing loss to nebby.
The Hawks will beat Illinois. I think you are right about a letdown. Purdue will win easily next week. NW will be jacked even higher than usual, knowing a win will basically give them the West title. It will be a close game, but Iowa will make a critical mistake and lose.

Nebraska....hard to tell. I think they are starting to get things figured out. 2-2 is best case scenario the rest of the way, IMO.

Along about Tuesday the usual suspects will be going on about how Purdue isn’t that good, Iowa will win by double digits, etc.[/QUOTE=

That just goes to show how brain washed we are....we have to convince ourselves of how bad the other team is to have any chance of beating them! News flash 50/50 game this Saturday. Purdue vs Purdue!