Another Thing I Liked About OSU Game

NorthKCHawk

Fran kept the bench short! I have always thought that Fran goes too deep into his bench, and while it was better this year, there was some questionable moments bringing in our freshmen guards cold in the middle of important games. With Nunge out, I was afraid Fran would bring in Kris or Josh. He stuck with an 8 man rotation. Right move.

Can I see some spot minutes for Kris or Josh to close out a half on defense to give Garza a little break or to lean on the other team's center? Maybe. Do I hope they play a lot at the end of the Nebraska blow out? Yep. But, in general, we need to ride the 8 horses that got us this far and not out think ourselves.

Fran kept the bench short! I have always thought that Fran goes too deep into his bench, and while it was better this year, there was some questionable moments bringing in our freshmen guards cold in the middle of important games. With Nunge out, I was afraid Fran would bring in Kris or Josh. He stuck with an 8 man rotation. Right move.

Can I see some spot minutes for Kris or Josh to close out a half on defense to give Garza a little break or to lean on the other team's center? Maybe. Do I hope they play a lot at the end of the Nebraska blow out? Yep. But, in general, we need to ride the 8 horses that got us this far and not out think ourselves.
Yeah that was a noticeable thing for sure. It works when Garza stays out of foul trouble. And JT is playing well like he did (he played great) and CJ can stay in the lineup. Those are the main things that fell into place allowing for that to happen how it did. Murray and PMac and CM allow for some flexibility lineup wise.

I agree. It is nice to see Ulis, Perkins, Josh, Kris Murray, et al in there, but they don't have enough experience of being in a big game to override the thrill/pressure of getting their chances at this point.

If all goes to schedule, the freshmen bench guys will get some minutes in the second half of the Nebbie game and hopefully we do not see them the rest of the season.

Latest posts