Another series won.

Herkeynerd

Just into the second month of the season and the Minnesota Twins have already won another series! Only dropped one series all season. This is pretty exciting for a club that usually plays catchup all season long. So exciting watching the games at Target Field. The energy in the crowd is really loud. I'm going to love going up there to see a game.:)

Just flipping the ****** this year...Twins start fast, Sox finish fast...should be a good race if the Twins come back to the pack a bit.

Just flipping the ****** this year...Twins start fast, Sox finish fast...should be a good race if the Twins come back to the pack a bit.

LMAO

The Sox have shown they are more likely to swoon in late season than peak under Ozzie. I think his attitude and demeanor must finally get to them by the end of the year.

Since they won the world series in 2005, the past 4 seasons have seen them go a cumulative 55-62 in September and October. Even when they won the Central in 2008 their record in September and October was 13-18.

During that same time frame Gardy's Twins have gone 61-52. I don't see this year's Twins team coming "back to the pack" as you suggest. I would put the Twins at 90 to 92 wins for the season with home field advantage for the first round of the playoffs.

But then they will probably just lose again to the flipping Yankees. Damn, I hate the Yankees.

1st rainout ever at Target field tonight. Playing two tomorrow!

And the White Sox blow, they arent winning anything this year

Good thing they don't play in the American League East. They would be lucky to finish 4th....

Good thing they don't play in the American League East. They would be lucky to finish 4th....

Hmmmmmm, If memory serves me correctly I think the first home series at Target Field was against one of the MIGHTY AL East teams and the Twins won the series 2-1.

In the past I might agree with you but this year I think they get over the hump. The challenge will be that they will probably have to face two AL East teams in the playoffs. With the rule that the wild card cannot play the winner of their division in the first round, I think the Twins will get either Boston or Tampa Bay in the first round and then will have to face the Yankees in the ALCS

Sing along all you Twins fans:

We're gonna win Twins,
We're gonna score,
We're gonna win Twins,
Watch that baseball soar.
Crack out a homerun,
Shout a hip-horray,
Cheer for the Minnesota Twins today!

We're gonna win Twins,
Give it our all.
We've got the guys who'll knock the cover off the ball.
Let's hear it now for the team that came to play.
Cheer for the Minnesota Twins today!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO

The Sox have shown they are more likely to swoon in late season than peak under Ozzie. I think his attitude and demeanor must finally get to them by the end of the year.

Since they won the world series in 2005, the past 4 seasons have seen them go a cumulative 55-62 in September and October. Even when they won the Central in 2008 their record in September and October was 13-18.

During that same time frame Gardy's Twins have gone 61-52. I don't see this year's Twins team coming "back to the pack" as you suggest. I would put the Twins at 90 to 92 wins for the season with home field advantage for the first round of the playoffs.

But then they will probably just lose again to the flipping Yankees. Damn, I hate the Yankees.

Gardy's record in the postseason is what?
Ozzie's record in the postseason is 13-3,including a win vs the Twins to clinch the AL Central in 2007.
Maybe October results do not matter in Twins-world,but for Sox fans, it is important. When Gardy even wins a playoff series, get back to me.

Ozzie's record in the postseason is 13-3,including a win vs the Twins to clinch the AL Central in 2007.
Maybe October results do not matter in Twins-world,but for Sox fans, it is important. When Gardy even wins a playoff series, get back to me.

Have fun the next five years when your team keeps getting older and is eventually blown up. That will be fun to follow

Sorta like the 90 year drought you had before you won the series a few years back

BTW - First of all make sure you check your facts. While it is a bit of overkill Ozzie's actual post season record is 12-4. Ozzie has made the post season twice in 6 years while Gardy has had the Twins there 5 times in 9 years. I will take Gardy's trips to October over Ozzie's record anytime.

Second, major league baseball finally got their heads out of their a$$ and stopped the stupid coin flip for home field advantage following the debacle in '08 not '07. The Twins had won the season series 10-9 and had to play the tiebreaker game on the road which was a huge deal considering the home field advantage they had in the dome, shown by the sweep at home in the final series between the teams during the final week of the year.

Third, I will take Gardy's approach over Ozzie's approach any day.

I stand corrected, Ozzie is 13-4...the tiebreak is not a regular season game in my book. What was Gardy's postseason record again?...I missed that.

As for this season, what goes around,comes around...long way to go.

Latest posts