Another fun podcast to listen to.

There is one portion that I do not understand. You guys talked about the 3 wide with 2 TE's and Wadley in the backfield and the flexibility. What I am not understanding is if you have 5 receivers, a QB and a RB that means you only have 4 linemen and that won't work. I am curious if they did this, they would have to leave Pekar on the line, correct?

Not if Wadley is taking direct snaps. He said that he can throw on that recent video released by the University. ;)

I actually really like Daece. But the pods with Rob are way better. So much info and it's nice to hear two Hawk fans instead of a Michigan fan.

I listen to every single one and they download straight to my phone when they release. When they don't download - I light Jon up on Twitter :)

At least you can download it. I like that about the HN podcasts. I also listen to the podcasts over at Hawk Central, but theirs has to be streamed and can't be downloaded (at least not without the Sound Cloud app). I like to download podcasts so I can play them later when it's convenient.

I actually really like Daece. But the pods with Rob are way better. So much info and it's nice to hear two Hawk fans instead of a Michigan fan.

I used to hate listening to Deace, but he has definitely grown on me. I don't always agree with him, or some of his cliches like, "You can't hide your quarterback in college football" (it's been done since the game was invented), but he does a hell of a lot of groundwork/research. And frankly, for a Michigan homer, he has always been pretty charitable in his views toward the Hawks.

I like them all. Each person has their unique perspective which keeps them from being redundant. Keep up the good work!

I used to hate listening to Deace, but he has definitely grown on me. I don't always agree with him, or some of his cliches like, "You can't hide your quarterback in college football" (it's been done since the game was invented), but he does a hell of a lot of groundwork/research. And frankly, for a Michigan homer, he has always been pretty charitable in his views toward the Hawks.

I like Deace when Jon steers him in a specific direction. He has a neutral and mostly unbiased opinion which I really enjoy. He has no bone in the Iowa fight...even when they ruined michigan's season he was still mostly fair. Most podcasts out on the internet are just Iowa homers talking to Iowa homers. That's not what Deace is at all. he gives a neutral perspective that is actually refreshing and interesting

When Deace starts freelancing is when he loses me. The Michigan rants or the political diatribes...no thanks.

I like Deace when Jon steers him in a specific direction. He has a neutral and mostly unbiased opinion which I really enjoy. He has no bone in the Iowa fight...even when they ruined michigan's season he was still mostly fair. Most podcasts out on the internet are just Iowa homers talking to Iowa homers. That's not what Deace is at all. he gives a neutral perspective that is actually refreshing and interesting

When Deace starts freelancing is when he loses me. The Michigan rants or the political diatribes...no thanks.

Agreed, but he realy has reined most of that in the past year or so. Probably since the election concluded...

Wow. That was truly a horrible podcast. So much dead air and guys going, "uhhhhhhhh......" LOL Makes me realize what a truly fantastic podcast Jon does with HN.

Anyway, they know nothing about Iowa. Their take is, Iowa lost a thousand yard rusher, starting QB, and most of it's receivers. Iowa won't be able to score. They are pretty confident in a Wyoming victory.

SB Nation Aint played nobody podcast

https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...ayed-nobody-sec-media-days-michigan-fun-teams

Topics:

• Greg Sankey, you’re no Mike Slive.
  • Lazy New York Times writers.
  • The wonderfully dickish Florida-LSU rivalry.
  • Making friends with your Michigan overlords.
  • The five funnest teams in college football. (~27:00)
  • We live in a universe in which a Skip Holtz team is fun as hell.
  • Louisiana parish trivia.
  • Everyone’s favorite new game, Let’s Guess The Coach’s Age!
  • BIG TEN POWER RANKINGS and the messy race for No. 2 in the West.
  • Mark Dantonio retirement/hot seat scenarios.
  • Bronco Mendenhall as the Maracaibo of college coaches.

Jon,

First time poster, here. Cannot remember the topic of discussion, as we actually had a few personal email transactions during the 02 Orange Bowl season. Just want to mention that I've been listening to your podcasts for years, and I love your partnership with Deace. While I think you're somewhat of a goofball, that's exactly what I look forward to every time -- it's certainly what makes tuning in "the perfect drug".

Would love to one day hear you actually sit in the booth and call a game. Either or....thank you for sharing your love for Hawkeye football and basketball, and thank you for kicking ass at what you do.

Last edited:

Latest posts