Another factor - Baer

Why do some of you always have to think we have the worst players in the conference. Cook, Bohannon, Garza, Moss, Baer and Dailey could all start or play significant minutes for just about any team in the B1G.

What we are seeing on the court is not a lack of talent, but simply a lack of focus. I do wonder if Fran is teaching the right instincts on Defense because for most of the years our defense has been a problem, but that is nothing to do with player talent. You can't guard a guy out in the corner if you just rotated low to help the dribble drive.

I think Creen's analysis during the Michigan game was spot on. We were over helping. Rotation on the weak side to help on a soft dribble penetration and leaving the wings and corners un-guarded. Michigan was baiting us into it. The only player on the entire Michigan squad that was good enough to drive and finish consistently was Rahkman or however it's spelled. Yet our defense was acting like they were playing against 5 Allen Iversons.

In summation I don't think this team has yet to learn how to apply a scouting report and focus at a defensive level. And for the love of god quite turning the ball over in transition. This always leads to a transition run for the opponent and we are obviously incapable of playing transition defense.

I am hoping that Fran pumps the brakes on the high speed offense. Walk the damn ball up. We need possessions way more then run out layups. This team could be better than what we are seeing and I now believe that Moss, Cook and Dailey are the only players that we have that actually fit the transition style play that Fran likes. Time to see the writing Fran and adjust to the team you have. The game is moving to fast for most of this roster.

This is so dumb. Baer has proven his a D1 player and a B1G caliber player. If Doug McDermott wanted to play at Iowa, he would have likely had to walk on. I think it's more of an endorsement to Fran's recruiting that he found him. You wanna throw names like Uhl, BE & Wagner out there as indictments on Fran's recruiting, I am all for it.

Feel good stories are good. However, he had no offers. I think back to Kevin Boyle. Everyone including opponent coaches loved him. Honestly how many teams would he have started on if Iowa didn't have Lester and Arnold. Yes, he's probably slowed. He's someone who at best would get 5-8 minutes at most good schools to come up and ignite a run or stop another teams run.

To be in the middle, the M games at home was a must. It didn't happen. Iowa is looking near the bottom for a reason. It's not on Baer. It's on the recruiting.

People can slip through the cracks. A kid at our local HS never got to start at QB in his career. He was recruited by a Big Team and signed. He never played, but he was on the team as a QB. He was recruited because of a camp.

Why do some of you always have to think we have the worst players in the conference. Cook, Bohannon, Garza, Moss, Baer and Dailey could all start or play significant minutes for just about any team in the B1G.

What we are seeing on the court is not a lack of talent, but simply a lack of focus. I do wonder if Fran is teaching the right instincts on Defense because for most of the years our defense has been a problem, but that is nothing to do with player talent. You can't guard a guy out in the corner if you just rotated low to help the dribble drive.

I think Creen's analysis during the Michigan game was spot on. We were over helping. Rotation on the weak side to help on a soft dribble penetration and leaving the wings and corners un-guarded. Michigan was baiting us into it. The only player on the entire Michigan squad that was good enough to drive and finish consistently was Rahkman or however it's spelled. Yet our defense was acting like they were playing against 5 Allen Iversons.

In summation I don't think this team has yet to learn how to apply a scouting report and focus at a defensive level. And for the love of god quite turning the ball over in transition. This always leads to a transition run for the opponent and we are obviously incapable of playing transition defense.

I am hoping that Fran pumps the brakes on the high speed offense. Walk the damn ball up. We need possessions way more then run out layups. This team could be better than what we are seeing and I now believe that Moss, Cook and Dailey are the only players that we have that actually fit the transition style play that Fran likes. Time to see the writing Fran and adjust to the team you have. The game is moving to fast for most of this roster.

This is an average team that is under achieving. I'm a little disappointed that this team is only average instead of good. It really hurts the ceiling for the next 2 years without roster upgrades. But I'm even more disappointed that they are underachieving.

Latest posts