Another CR kid may be headed to Michigan

CRwrestling

Austin Holzer, an all-state OL as a sophomore last year, will be taking an official visit to Ann Arbor this weekend. Kennedy is not a great team this year but Holzer is really dominant. Holzer is around 6'3 265 right now as a junior. I've seen him a number of times the last few years, he is a really aggressive run blocker.

Another stellar job by Mr. Personality keeping in state talent at home. Tim Dwight wouldn't have played for us with Captain Personality as the HC.

Another stellar job by Mr. Personality keeping in state talent at home. Tim Dwight wouldn't have played for us with Captain Personality as the HC.

You're seriously going to question KF's judgment in regards to recruiting an offensive lineman? Seriously? That is the one unit at Iowa that is really good year in and year out. It produces the bulk of Iowa's NFL talent.

If KF and staff think the kid is a good prospect, they will go after him. I would never, ever doubt his judgement in regards to an offensive lineman.

Question him all you want in regards to QB recruitment, or wide receivers.

If the kid is a stud... why not take your allowed 5 official visits before deciding where you want to play?? It will make his decision to be a Hawk even sweeter knowing that he looked at the rest, but chose the Best!! :)

I have not heard of this kid before. Pierschbacher is the best OL recruit in the state, and Iowa is in on some good OL. I'm not saying that he isn't good, but if KF believes he's worth it, he'll get recruited and honestly he'd be an idiot to go to Michigan. They have gotten 5 or 6 OL the last 2 years which were all 4 or 5*. I don't think he'd see the field.

Michigan has a great passing game this year... I think it has more to do with going to MICHIGAN than an offense that has a productive passing game. Duel threat qb's are normally better at running and making plays on the ground then their passing game. Can't always "seal" the borders.

What do you say when we get recruits from PA or Maryland....or any other state? They can't keep those kids in state?

1. Iowa does a solid job recruiting and developing OL. If there's any position where I'm not concerned, it's OL.
2. It definitely was not an official visit. OVs don't happen until senior year.
3. I'm not seeing anyone say that this kid even has a Michigan offer yet (or any other offer for that matter), so I think the "seal the boarders" doom and gloom is a little premature.

Last edited:
He does not currently hold any offers. He was also invited down to an Auburn game but he was unable to attend. He was All-State as a sophomore. Has very nice size. Plays both ways on the OL and DL.

You don't even know what you're talking about. Iowa keeps plenty of in-state talent AND they do pretty well out of state too. By your argument, Michigan does poorly too because they only have 4 of the top 10 players in state committed to them for next year. Ohio State is REALLY bad because they only have 3 of the top 10 players committed to them. Let's not forget the fact that Iowa hasn't even lost this kid yet. God forbid a kid should expand his horizons by taking every visit he's allowed to take.

You're seriously going to question KF's judgment in regards to recruiting an offensive lineman? Seriously? That is the one unit at Iowa that is really good year in and year out. It produces the bulk of Iowa's NFL talent.

If KF and staff think the kid is a good prospect, they will go after him. I would never, ever doubt his judgement in regards to an offensive lineman.

Question him all you want in regards to QB recruitment, or wide receivers.

+1 to that. I think our recruiting for the trenches (both sides of the ball) as well as our running backs is pretty solid. Our skill positions are where I really would like to see improvement when it comes to recruiting. When was the last time we've landed a QB that was highly rated?

+1 to that. I think our recruiting for the trenches (both sides of the ball) as well as our running backs is pretty solid. Our skill positions are where I really would like to see improvement when it comes to recruiting. When was the last time we've landed a QB that was highly rated?

Well, Weinke was the #14 pro style QB, McNutt was #13 dual threat, Stanzi was the #11 dual threat, Tate was the #14 pro style and Christensen was the #2 dual threat. Ratings aren't an exact science.

Wait didn't Dwight take visits too. Stanford etc.
What the eff. Was Hayden doing letting him take visits. Fire Hayden now.

Jeeez let the kid make a visit for cripes sake. Our entire O-line is from Iowa, yet somehow we can't keep our own kids. :rolleyes:

Latest posts