Another BTN Iowa Day coming up

I guess the game I find most "disturbing" is the 2007 MSU game. We sucked that year. Other than Tom Arnold being a "guest" of the broadcast team, and the fact we DID make a "comeback", the fact this game gets played as often as it does makes me question the BTN staffers. That, and (of course), the restructuring of Big Ten Pulse. Replacing JDM was criminal, IMO!

Me too. That was so painful to watch. JC had 4 completions going into the first overtime. I would put that game way down on the list of games to watch. How about the '85 Michigan game? That's a classic. We were robbed of a TD catch in the endzone....great game & ending.

Do they have trouble getting the rights to some games? I'd like to see the Orange Bowl game vs. GT again, but maybe FOX won't release it (or the BTN won't pay the price). Having seen these games several times, I don't bother watching them anymore. I hope that doesn't make me less of a Hawkeye, but I'll just have to live with this character flaw.

Would love to see 2003 @ Wisconsin (football) in there.

Wisconsin's 4th and goal getting the snap off as time expires and the pass falling incomplete just about killed me.

Four cracks and they couldn't get it to Lee Evans. Great game.

Me too. That was so painful to watch. JC had 4 completions going into the first overtime. I would put that game way down on the list of games to watch. How about the '85 Michigan game? That's a classic. We were robbed of a TD catch in the endzone....great game & ending.

Alas, that 1985 match-up was a CBS game, IIRC. The only time I have seen it in recent memory is on ESPN Classic.

If you haven't noticed, BTN re-packages old games into a 2 hour format, including fresh interviews with personalities involved. It isn't as easy as just finding old film and putting it on the air. It costs BTN to re-package these games, which is probably why they don't have a huge catalog.

But I agree with the sentiment. BTN should air only Iowa replays, and every win Iowa has recorded in the past 30 years should be covered.

Have you ever watched the "Yearbooks" from "Big Ten Film Vault"? I only re-watch the 1956 and 1958 seasons, for the most part, but they are quite entertaining.

But essentially, you're right. It isn't just WHAT is available, HOW it is available is also relevant. The older games, mostly regional or local, probably have a ton of "film", but no "production" value. And there is probably a lot of talk and bantering that was never intended to be part of any "broadcast".

Latest posts