Announcers for Bowl Games

Re: Annoucers for Bowl Games

Gruden and his "Spider 5 wide bananna" LOL

I remember I liked Gary Thorn calling the 05 Capital One bowl. I had never heard of him before that game. thought he did a good job - mixed a few words up but that's normal in bowls.

Tirico is solid and Gruden adds a pretty wide knowledge for the game. This is a huge upgrade over Joey Galloway and the woman from the ESPN 2 games.

Wow the most hyperbolic booth duo of all time. This will definitely be a listen to dolph and eddie game.

When you listen to Dolph & Ed and watch the game at the same time, are the radio broadcast and TV broadcast in sync? I never done it before but I would imagine the radio call being ahead of the TV.

When you listen to Dolph & Ed and watch the game at the same time, are the radio broadcast and TV broadcast in sync? I never done it before but I would imagine the radio call being ahead of the TV.

Sometimes in synch but sometimes off by 3-5 seconds which makes it intolerable unless you want to know what is going to happen before you see or hear it.

Tirico is solid and Gruden adds a pretty wide knowledge for the game. This is a huge upgrade over Joey Galloway and the woman from the ESPN 2 games.

Oh they are knowledgeable. Gruden is very knowledgeable and gives some quick incisive analysis others would miss

But

Gruden also thinks every NFL player is the best at his position that he has ever seen. And every play had the best effort he has ever seen which is hyperbole PLUS.

Tirico is good but he can ramble sometimes off on the NFL News kind of subject matter.

Maybe they wont do that too much with a college game but my suspicion is Gruden might have some hawk and tiger players as the best all americans that ever put on shoulder pads.

Damn, I was really hoping for Beth Mowins. Crap...she has the sweetest voice on Saturday morning, like sun shining through a gloomy rain cloud. She's tops.

In all honesty, she even drives my dog crazy...and he's almost deaf from my ACDC obsession a few years back. I have to turn the sound off if she is doing the games...how the hell does she have a job? Affirmative Action? I can't believe there are any guys enjoying that.

There are a lot of people on this board who could do a better job than those two. I am pretty sure I could.

Sometimes on TV the less obvious things that are said the better and just report and analyze stuff the most viewers might not see. Like if a team gets into an unbalanced line, or tell who is going in motion, otherwise remind them of down and distance, time and score, you know the stuff all of us pros would do.

And I know I could even analyze better than some of these ex-players because my friends and family have noticed me do it many times over the years. I just might not be able to explain it concisely enough in 5-10 seconds as some on this board could maybe do.

Usually radio is a bit behind which works well. I can pause dvr for a few seconds to sync it up or just listen to their call during the replay .

When I was growing up, I used to love to watch the Sugar Bowl as the Monday Night Football crew used to broadcast that game.
With Gruden, in the back of your head, you'll wonder why this team didn't finish undefeated.
Take a drink when you hear "All American" and "Shoulder Pads" from Gruden.

My favorite announcers aren't those with the best voice; it's those who actually prepare.
Mike Tirico, Sean McDonough, Kirk Herbstreit, are three that quickly come to mind.
Mike Tirico is very solid, and you could tell he was perturb when the Kornhole was in the booth with him those years.
Tony Kornheiser just mailed it in.

Of course, last time I remember Tircio broadcasting an Iowa game was when Iowa was ranked #8 and no showed in Ames in 2005.

if you start by recording the game on d v r, you can start the radio and sync the playback. I did it with some basketball games. That battle for atlantis was a perfect time to use this tactic. Extremely bias for nova in the championship game. Plus they still couldnt stop talking about kansas.

Re: Annoucers for Bowl Games

Salters--yeah, man.

lisa-salters-2007-ncaa-football-holiday-bowl-arizona-state-vs-texas-34-52-december-27-2008-1hp6n7.jpg

Umm, hmmm. Very fine.

Never. In fact, with cable in my house, I've had it where two TV's have been off-sync by maybe 1/2 second. And considering I live in Georgia, and can only get Dolph & Eddie via Sirius satellite or internet feed, the TV always runs ahead of them. My guess is live radio would run ahead of all TV.

I also note that my cable feed typically runs well ahead of those getting DISH or Direct TV.

Considering that any feed has to be transmitted electronically somehow, getting two feeds to sync (that are not sent the same way) I'd think would be nearly impossible.

One of my favorite color people was Matt Millen in the '06 Outback Bowl the only time we lost it. That game still sets a record for me as the all-time worst officiated game ever (from start to finish). Matt Millen was all over those guys, especially with the deciding faux off-side call on the on-side kick recovered by Chad Greenway (as any good color commentator should have been). My blood pressure still goes up when I think about that game and the Conference USA officials.

Latest posts