Anheuser-Busch, U of I sign 4 year deal

Advertising at games should not increase student drinking as they are exposed to a multitude of advertisements for alcohol products daily on TV, internet, newspapers and magazines.

The “Responsibility Matters” logo that A-B will use may help remind students that it's not good to overindulge.

Safer Saturdays - Spectator@IOWA - Monthly News for UI Alumni and Friends - The University of Iowa

Refresher:

Enforcing new policies and existing laws

As part of the campaign, UI Police and other officers will be enforcing some new rules and stepping up enforcement of others:

• Consumption of alcoholic beverages in UI parking lots and ramps will be allowed for only one hour after each game, and all tailgaiting activities must end two hours after the game. In addition, no after-game consumption of alcohol will be allowed for the Oct. 2 night game against Penn State.

• After the the game, police will focus on impaired drivers, establishing vehicle safety checkpoints, increased road patrols, and OWI enforcement teams. The UI encourages all drivers to be safe and sober on their way home.

• Iowa City’s open container ordinance will be strictly enforced. That law prohibits people from carrying open beer, wine, and “hardâ€￾ lemonades on public sidewalks and roads.

This is just promotional stuff that goes in bars, grocery stores and restaurants. Nothing to see here. Have you ever noticed the beer posters at your local grocery store having colors similar to those of Iowa and iState? Not just a coincidence.
I have to admit Natural Ice: Official Beer of the Iowa Hawkeyes has a nice ring to it...
Too soon for an Ed Podolak joke?

It is hypocritical, and it makes the outrage over the "fan cans" a couple years seem pretty ridiculous.
I'm guessing there was some butthurt over the university's not getting any coin over someone using their likeness. $$$ makes problems go away...

This is just promotional stuff that goes in bars, grocery stores and restaurants. Nothing to see here. Have you ever noticed the beer posters at your local grocery store having colors similar to those of Iowa and iState? Not just a coincidence.
I have to admit Natural Ice: Official Beer of the Iowa Hawkeyes has a nice ring to it...
Too soon for an Ed Podolak joke?

Umm no.

A new four-year agreement approved this month by the U of I athletic department allows Anheuser-Busch to place Iowa’s Tigerhawk logo on retail displays such as posters and flags, and promotional giveaways like cups, caps and T-shirts.

Some of that info is old. The consumption limit after the game was expanded after they got a ton of blowback from donors.

Not some of it, all of it is old.

The linked article is from 2010 when those changes came out. I don't see why any Iowa fan would have a problem with this it's more money for the athletics department.

This seems like a non issue to me. A few ads and some promotional things will not create an alcohol problem. Besides, I like to have a drink every now and again...now...............and again

so yer saying boycott.

Obviously Jag is offended by the "hypocrisy" of the agreement. If he doesnt like it, thats about the only thing he can do about it.

Im not talking full fledged Cy Fan boycott here, just a little private one for himself.

Obviously Jag is offended by the "hypocrisy" of the agreement. If he doesnt like it, thats about the only thing he can do about it.

Im not talking full fledged Cy Fan boycott here, just a little private one for himself.

Haha my bad sac, I'm just trying to create conversation. Slow news day...

Latest posts