Andy Katz preseason poll

Zstatman

EVGe_FoUMAAZfAZ

Wisky is a remarkable story. They were on the ropes for the season, one of their best players decides to quit midseason, and they somehow close like gang busters. I see a three team race for the conference title next year.

What's he mean by "Getting Joe Wieskamp alongside him.......". Wonder if he meant JoBo coming back.

5) Iowa:
The Hawkeyes should be the pick to win the Big Ten with the likely return of the player of the year in Luka Garza. Getting Joe Wieskamp alongside him means the Hawkeyes offense will be loaded again.

Wisky is a remarkable story. They were on the ropes for the season, one of their best players decides to quit midseason, and they somehow close like gang busters. I see a three team race for the conference title next year.

Yea, I can't stand them but respect them. Why couldn't they have just tanked? Seriously, when is the last time a Wisky football or basketball team just tanked in a season?

Yea, I can't stand them but respect them. Why couldn't they have just tanked? Seriously, when is the last time a Wisky football or basketball team just tanked in a season?
If you look at Wisconsin’s schedule they had a super easy draw in the uneven schedules this year. They didn’t play Maryland, Penn State, Iowa, Illinois, or Michigan twice.

Their style of play (slow the game down, limit possessions, tough defense) gives them opportunities to win road games. That formula has allowed them to finish higher in the standings than their talent level for the last 20 odd years (sans their back to back final four teams where they were just flat out loaded).

If you look at Wisconsin’s schedule they had a super easy draw in the uneven schedules this year. They didn’t play Maryland, Penn State, Iowa, Illinois, or Michigan twice.

Their style of play (slow the game down, limit possessions, tough defense) gives them opportunities to win road games. That formula has allowed them to finish higher in the standings than their talent level for the last 20 odd years (sans their back to back final four teams where they were just flat out loaded).

We hear over and over on here that that style doesn't work. Or does it work only on the hardwood and not the grid iron? Sorry couldn't resist.

We hear over and over on here that that style doesn't work. Or does it work only on the hardwood and not the grid iron? Sorry couldn't resist.

Boy, even their fans were getting to revolt stage early in the season wen they were struggling. Winning helps everything, though. But, I have heard that many fans are getting sick of the style and wanting change.

With all the kids that have said they are going pro early the BIG is going to be different. I doubt it'll be as good top to bottom as it was this yr. That'd be asking a lot. If everyone is back for Iowa and the key guys stay healthy and play well.... Winning the BIG seems very realistic and a deep run in the dance. With all the records Garza and JBo could set individually it could be a special special year. I hope we get to see it.

Boy, even their fans were getting to revolt stage early in the season wen they were struggling. Winning helps everything, though. But, I have heard that many fans are getting sick of the style and wanting change.

I agree sometimes "sexy" is much more fun to watch, but I think at the end of the day I'd take winning if I had to chose between the two.

With all the kids that have said they are going pro early the BIG is going to be different. I doubt it'll be as good top to bottom as it was this yr. That'd be asking a lot. If everyone is back for Iowa and the key guys stay healthy and play well.... Winning the BIG seems very realistic and a deep run in the dance. With all the records Garza and JBo could set individually it could be a special special year. I hope we get to see it.

We could be the next Dayton!!!

I just think it’s going to be tough to do unless the defense improves dramatically, and I’m not sold on that just yet. Quite frankly it’s possible the defense stays the same or gets worst with JBo back (not saying I’m not excited for his return).

Keep in mind a lot of those guys who “declared” still have the option to return.

I just think it’s going to be tough to do unless the defense improves dramatically, and I’m not sold on that just yet. Quite frankly it’s possible the defense stays the same or gets worst with JBo back (not saying I’m not excited for his return).

Keep in mind a lot of those guys who “declared” still have the option to return.
I just think our offense will be unreal. We should be able to dictate tempo and do whatever we want in that regard. IF If if JW gets his swag back. If he can get back to what he is capable of being I love our chances. But if he's the same guy that struggled down the stretch this year I could see things being more difficult. That's where JBo coming back should help. JW won't have to be the # 2 guy. He can be the #4 guy if CJF is really hot too.

I do get your concerns with the D. To me we gotta rebound better. At both ends but mostly at that defensive end. We gave up way too many offensive rebounds to the other teams I thought and if we'd have bottled up that better our defense wouldn't have looked quite as bad. Hopefully Nunge can help with that along with just more emphasis on it overall. So we'll see.

I thought the interesting thing about Wisky's season is that their second leading scorer quits the team due to supposed racial slurs then the team takes off and finsishes strong down the stretch. Maybe there was more to the situation than met the eye? We'll see how he does at Nebraska.

Latest posts