Andy Katz / EPSN

I find it amazing that fans of every other team are complete idiots instead of ours. It's really something. I would say it's an Iowa thing, but ISU fans are the biggest idiots of all.

I find it amazing that fans of every other team are complete idiots instead of ours. It's really something. I would say it's an Iowa thing, but ISU fans are the biggest idiots of all.

I didnt call anyone or any fanbase an idiot. Just said they were either arrogant or apathetic.

Maybe it was illigitimate because the students were all buzzed on free ice cream and pizza. Load a kid in their 20's with sugar and carbs, and watch the hell out.

The Iowa fanbase is pretty intelligent for the most part. Iowa fans truly understand how bad it has gotten, but on the National scene, it isn't as nearly understood.

Iowa fans understand that Fran goes to a gunfight with a knife in most BIG games at this point and had to soley rely on player development and energy with a roster short on overall depth, especially with what comes off the bench.

There is work to do on the National scene, but I do think there are some starting to really pay attention and look at the program a little harder and realize just what Iowa is doing. The non-conference was a time for players to emerge and some really have Marble/White especially. Basabe is finally playing they way he is capable and if he does, Iowa is scary, he and White give Iowa the best chance to compete against teams with bigger players. Last year was the foundation, this year has been a building block, next season better things are going to happen. Iowa will potentially be two-deep at every spot and have a lot of players that can play multiple positions.

It has been a while since Iowa has had a roster with flexability, imagine what Fran can do with a gun full of bullets.

The Iowa fanbase is pretty intelligent for the most part. Iowa fans truly understand how bad it has gotten, but on the National scene, it isn't as nearly understood.

Iowa fans understand that Fran goes to a gunfight with a knife in most BIG games at this point and had to soley rely on player development and energy with a roster short on overall depth, especially with what comes off the bench.

There is work to do on the National scene, but I do think there are some starting to really pay attention and look at the program a little harder and realize just what Iowa is doing. The non-conference was a time for players to emerge and some really have Marble/White especially. Basabe is finally playing they way he is capable and if he does, Iowa is scary, he and White give Iowa the best chance to compete against teams with bigger players. Last year was the foundation, this year has been a building block, next season better things are going to happen. Iowa will potentially be two-deep at every spot and have a lot of players that can play multiple positions.

It has been a while since Iowa has had a roster with flexability, imagine what Fran can do with a gun full of bullets.

Bravo sir, bravo.

I live in Minnesota now and hate the arrogance of Gopher fans. I guess I should say the few Gopher fans that I run into. They are either incredibly arrogant or incredibly apathetic.

I too live in MN and I agree. (Now, the arrogance of Wisky fans is probably greater but) Gopher fans are so full of it. Losing to them twice in a row in football makes is tough to argue anything, but they think Gopher sports are at a really high level, and they're not. They are mediocre in basketball and football and have been for some time. However, they are good at everything else, really good at some things in fact. I think Iowa v. Minnesota is really a great rivalry that MN fans don't really appreciate or care about. All they care about (in the rivalry sense) is the Wisconsin game. I grew up going to Iowa Minnesota games at Kinnick, it was one that I almost always went to, and I love that game, rivalry, trophy, etc. Minnesota fans don't really care though. I went to the Iowa at Minnesota game the year before last when they lost at TCF Bank (the first time) and man was that tough to swallow. Talk about the better team not caring enough to win!

I live in Minnesota now and hate the arrogance of Gopher fans. I guess I should say the few Gopher fans that I run into. They are either incredibly arrogant or incredibly apathetic.

I haven't seen much of the arrogance. I have seen a lot of the apathy. The apathy doesn't both me, though. If someone decides that they don't want to let the fate of a sports team over which they have no control dominate their mood, more power to them.

I too live in MN and I agree. (Now, the arrogance of Wisky fans is probably greater but) Gopher fans are so full of it. Losing to them twice in a row in football makes is tough to argue anything, but they think Gopher sports are at a really high level, and they're not. They are mediocre in basketball and football and have been for some time. However, they are good at everything else, really good at some things in fact. I think Iowa v. Minnesota is really a great rivalry that MN fans don't really appreciate or care about. All they care about (in the rivalry sense) is the Wisconsin game. I grew up going to Iowa Minnesota games at Kinnick, it was one that I almost always went to, and I love that game, rivalry, trophy, etc. Minnesota fans don't really care though. I went to the Iowa at Minnesota game the year before last when they lost at TCF Bank (the first time) and man was that tough to swallow. Talk about the better team not caring enough to win!

Do you live around the metro? I grew up outstate, and the Gophers just aren't that big of a deal once you get a ways out of the cities. Perhaps that is the cause of our differing perceptions.

Katz choking on a mouthful of sour grapes. Hawks legitimately won the game. Last seven minutes were perfectly played. We kept our composure throughout the game, especially at crunch time. There was not a hint of panic. We have seriously grown up now. As others have mentioned, we just might have turned the corner, and have matured into a tough-minded team that is starting to play with skill and confidence.....

:)

Do you live around the metro? I grew up outstate, and the Gophers just aren't that big of a deal once you get a ways out of the cities. Perhaps that is the cause of our differing perceptions.

I live in Northfield. What I meant to say about Gopher fans is that they are arrogant but not really in football. They are pretty realistic, but they are annoying in conversation because they keep beating the hawks. They are pretty arrogant in everything else because they are pretty good at everything else.

Schools and sports aside, there is also a definite disrespect for the state of Iowa that is a huge factor in my opinion. Minnesotans don't think of Iowa as a nice place, they look down on the state of Iowa as a 'land of nothingness' so to speak. I kind of ticks me off.

I live in Northfield. What I meant to say about Gopher fans is that they are arrogant but not really in football. They are pretty realistic, but they are annoying in conversation because they keep beating the hawks. They are pretty arrogant in everything else because they are pretty good at everything else.

Schools and sports aside, there is also a definite disrespect for the state of Iowa that is a huge factor in my opinion. Minnesotans don't think of Iowa as a nice place, they look down on the state of Iowa as a 'land of nothingness' so to speak. I kind of ticks me off.

Have you ever driven through Iowa?

They have the perception that Iowans are a bunch of slow-witted rubes.....

Hayseeds with a blade of grass in their mouths.....

the-far-side-comic1.jpg

:D

Yeah, I knew you were going to say that. And it's true, but when's the last time you drove through the BWCA, let me answer that, never.

My point is that there are tons of judgmental Minnesotans that make the most boring IA drive possible (I-35 south into DM) and they say 'Iowa sucks, flat as a pancake, who would ever want to live there'.

It's like if I said, "man this drive from mankato to rochester sure is boring". It would hardly be fair to the rest of the great state of Minnesota.

People from Minnesota don't know anything about the natural beauty that Iowa has to offer, they only know of the roadside view from I-35.

However, as you pointed out, Minnesota has a national park-worthy area, Iowa does not, by any stretch of the imagination.

Latest posts