Andy Katz bracketology

I look at bracketology the same as NFL mock drafts, highly subjective but fun to read. It is nice that they think highly of the B1G with 11 teams making the big dance. So do any of the other B1G teams end up qualifying for the NIT? With no clear cut dominant B1G team this year, we have as good a chance as anybody to make some noise this year providing we stay healthy. The B1G is gonna cannibalize itself this year, but I think it sets us up to have several teams make a deep run into the NCAA tournament.

Katz is just being lazy to pair TxT and Iowa.

Proves it’s just click-bait candy instead of some meat on the bone.

Yep that's exactly what I had in mind. Didn't Tennessee come really close to an elite 8 that year?

Yep. They were down by 7-12 points most of the 2nd half but they closed in late in the game but lost by 2 to Michigan. Tennessee even had possession down 1 with 10 seconds left and turned the ball. Offensive foul if I remember correctly.

Katz is just being lazy to pair TxT and Iowa.

Proves it’s just click-bait candy instead of some meat on the bone.

IDK, does give you a general reference as to where people think Iowa should be as it relates to the Dance seed-wise, so there's a usefulness to bracketologies. Who they play in them and the region is meaningless though, yeah.

IDK, does give you a general reference as to where people think Iowa should be as it relates to the Dance seed-wise, so there's a usefulness to bracketologies. Who they play in them and the region is meaningless though, yeah.
True enough. Point granted.

How much work would it take for him to move Iowa to a different 8/9 line.

There is not going to be rematches in the first round of the NCAA tournament. That’s just lazy.

Yep. They were down by 7-12 points most of the 2nd half but they closed in late in the game but lost by 2 to Michigan. Tennessee even had possession down 1 with 10 seconds left and turned the ball. Offensive foul if I remember correctly.

Iowa also destroyed that Michigan team earlier in the year.

Joe Lunardi's Bracketology from Friday has Iowa the 6. The top 5 seeds in Iowa bracket are:

1. San Diego State
2. Dayton
3. Seton Hall
4. Penn State
5. Colorado

Yes please!
Doubt very much if they put SDST and Dayton in same bracket.

And I’m going to be interested to look at Iowa’s resume against other 4-5 seeds. Seems like Iowa’s is at least equal to PSU but still that much of a spread...?

The BTT may determine who the 4-8 seeds which they are almost interchangeable.

But if someone other than MD wins, a team could move up 3 lines.

If iowa won it, they be on a 5 game win streak Big ten champs in the toughest cong and at least a 3 seed.

A 9 seed is an insult. With the resume Iowa has developed, even if they lose out, I believe a 7 seed is the floor.

Simply my $.02 .. ..

This has to count for something

87974950_10157560238764022_331061976165777408_o.jpg

A 9 seed is an insult. With the resume Iowa has developed, even if they lose out, I believe a 7 seed is the floor.

Simply my $.02 .. ..
Beat Purdue and the floor is 6 I suspect. Personally I want to stay on the 6 line unless we are going to jump to the 3 line. I want to avoid 4/5...unless 4 puts us close to home.

Latest posts