Andrew Cashner

Unfortunate game today. Dempster was up to his old tricks, wanting to pitch to hitters who had him figured out, with predictable results. You think that he and Lou would have figured it out when Votto took him deep a few weeks back.

Anyhow, Brenly mentioned it in the broadcast Friday, and I happen to agree with him - Ramirez needs to go on the DL. He's played twice since last Saturday when he went 0-5 with four strikeouts, so you could say that the move is overdue. However, Chad Tracy is hitting something like .450 for the I-Cubs, and he was signed to be the backup 3rd baseman.

Thankfully, the schedule sets up well over the next 1 1/2 weeks or so for the Cubs to make up some ground. The nine upcoming games are against teams they should beat, and if they can manage to go 6-3 that will get them back home at .500.

So far this season, it really hasn't mattered who they have played...they are 1-5 against the lowly Pirates. Don't get your hopes up for a 6-3 road trip. The way this team is playing, they could easily go 3-6. I guess I'm to the point where the season is almost two months old, and they have been under .500 for the most part. Most of these guys in the lineup are old and past their prime. I have a feeling aramis has seen his best days, i dont think he'll ever be a real offensive threat like he used to be. D-lee can go too, but no one will want him at his age and struggles. This team will struggle to get above .500 unless some serious changes are made. I'm hoping this team gets blown up in the offseason, it's time.

So far this season, it really hasn't mattered who they have played...they are 1-5 against the lowly Pirates. Don't get your hopes up for a 6-3 road trip. The way this team is playing, they could easily go 3-6. I guess I'm to the point where the season is almost two months old, and they have been under .500 for the most part. Most of these guys in the lineup are old and past their prime. I have a feeling aramis has seen his best days, i dont think he'll ever be a real offensive threat like he used to be. D-lee can go too, but no one will want him at his age and struggles. This team will struggle to get above .500 unless some serious changes are made. I'm hoping this team gets blown up in the offseason, it's time.

I get all that, and I would agree with that. The point is that from 1-25, the Cubs are better - on paper - than the three teams they'll play on this trip. It's hard to get a read on this team. It's easy to say that they suck, but I don't think that's the case. All three outfielders are hitting over .300, the catcher gets on base almost 1/2 the time, and the starting staff is pretty good. Like most teams in baseball, they have some issues in the bullpen. Unlike a lot of teams, they have a closer who is pretty much lights out when they can get him the ball.

So they can hit, but they can't score. They can pitch, but always seem to give up one more run than they need to.

To put it in the simplest terms possible, I wouldn't be surprised if they won the next 8 games or lost them all. That's how schizophrenic this team is right now.

I think Grabow or Gorz will be traded as well as Lilly. In about a month the Cubs will start thinking about 2011 and they have a lot of talented pitching in the minors. I expect Cashner will be a starter next year IF he can prove himself this year. Smardja (sp?) may also become trade bait as I feel he has shown himself as far as the Cubs can develop him. Maybe someone else can coach him up better. He is a ND guy afterall (LOL).

Wow (I am watching the Blackhawks and peeking at the Cubs). They just brought in Cashner in the 7th with an 8-3 but the bases are loaded and Braun is the batter. They are trusting him here.

Wow (I am watching the Blackhawks and peeking at the Cubs). They just brought in Cashner in the 7th with an 8-3 but the bases are loaded and Braun is the batter. They are trusting him here.

Same here. Hoping for a game seven, but it's not looking that way. Philly is pressing the action over the last several minutes though.

Same here. Hoping for a game seven, but it's not looking that way. Philly is pressing the action over the last several minutes though.
Good job by Cashner there.

Hawks are hanging on! When will the Flyers pull the goalie?

Never mind - they just scored to tie it up. :(

Latest posts