And our 133 pounder is....

CRwrestling

Not Nate Moore! When he got pinned in wrestle offs people could say, 'well he just got caught.' Today Bart Reiter pinned him with a turk, he's not getting caught, he's getting pinned.

Clark and Ramos are both injured it appears, but I hope one of these two step up.

He tore through the field after the pin including a beat down on Reiter. With Clark withdrawing due to injury and Ramos dinged he probably will be the guy for a while.

Trizzino lost in wrestle offs to Morre and then Ramos. He looked good in the Iowa Duals against lesser competition I would guess.

Chances are any of the other 133's would have won with ease against the competition against Trizzino faced.

With injuries, such close head to head matchups, and not alot else to base it on, you could dig deeper and say Moore has the better resume, he took advantage of his chance last year and at national duals he took current #1 Hochstrasser into OT

With injuries, such close head to head matchups, and not alot else to base it on, you could dig deeper and say Moore has the better resume, he took advantage of his chance last year and at national duals he took current #1 Hochstrasser into OT

As far as resumes go, Clark is a 2x NQ so that trumps losing to the current #1 in OT last year (obtw, Hochstrasser won't be #1 after losing to Oliver in the All Star). Furthermore, a lot was said about the two OT matches during wrestle offs and therefore Clark doesn't deserve the spot yet (I don't necessarily agree with this thinking...a win is a win); however, Trizzino only lost by 1 point each to Moore and Ramos so he's in the mix as well despite not having the hype. Basically we have 4 good wrestlers fighting for the same position and at some point Brands will just have to make a choice. I don't see anyone clearly separating themselves to a big enough distance to end the debate on who's really better. Injuries will quiet the debate for the short term, but I think that only fuels the fire for the long term once the injuries are healed. I assume Moore will start Friday since it sounds like we have a broken foot and a broken hand. If these bones are truly broken there's a good chance neither Clark or Ramos will be able to compete at Midlands. Thankfully we're in a position (as long as all 4 wrestlers aren't hurt simultaneously) to field a great wrestler in the 133 spot regardless.

Moore's resume doesn't stack up to Clarks. Clark is a 2x NQ, his soph season was a Midlands Runer-up, a Big 12 runner-up, and posted a 25-8 record.

Last year while in the line-up Moore was 9-6, and 13-7 overall. Nothing deemed worthy enough to be given a spot based on.

Does anyone find it funny how big of a woody the OP had in this thread...yet Nate Moore is our staring 133 pounder for the foreseeable future? LOL. Good times.

Well Spooner - that is reality, but I don't think it's funny. I'd rather see all the Hawks fighting it out and the best man win. I don't have a favorite and will cheer for whichever guy represents the Hawkeyes (although I tend to favor the upperclassmen since they have less time remaining in collegiate wrestling). Here's to quick recoveries!

Does anyone find it funny how big of a woody the OP had in this thread...yet Nate Moore is our staring 133 pounder for the foreseeable future? LOL. Good times.

We have some good wrestlers hurt and our 133 pounder in the line up seems to have a problem getting pinned. You are so right, it is really funny.

Latest posts