Amway Coaches Poll Week 2

Tennessee beats Georgia Tech by 1 point in double overtime and move up 3 spots to 21st and Georgia Tech goes from having 10 points to 1 point. I didn't watch most of the game but didn't think Tennessee look that good.

Last edited:
Tennessee beats Georgia Tech by 1 point in double overtime and move up 3 spots to 21st and Georgia Tech goes from having 10 points to 1 point. I didn't watch most of the game but didn't think Tennessee looked that good.
The Vols rush defense is pathetic! It;s not like they had all summer to prepare for techs running attack. Took Norm Parker only a few weeks to figure it out

I remember that game well. It was a thing of beauty to watch.

And it does help when you have Karl Klug, Christian Ballard, Adrian Clayborn, Pat Angerer, AJ Edds, Tyler Sash, etc. We were basically playing them with an NFL defense....

How many

How many votes did they get? Because whatever that number is, that's your answer.
30... I could see Nebraska and Iowa being about even. Their defense was not good against a weak opponent but their offense was dynamic. Iowa's defense was damn good against a better opponent but our offense was anemic as is typical.

Tennessee beats Georgia Tech by 1 point in double overtime and move up 3 spots to 21st and Georgia Tech goes from having 10 points to 1 point. I didn't watch most of the game but didn't think Tennessee look that good.
I saw a stat on Twitter that teams that outgained their opponents by 286 yards or more (or however much GT outgained Tennessee by) were 1226-6 since 2003 (or something like that). The Vols didn't have any business winning that game. They gave up almost a third of a MILE in rushing yards. Football is a funny game...

I saw a stat on Twitter that teams that outgained their opponents by 286 yards or more (or however much GT outgained Tennessee by) were 1226-6 since 2003 (or something like that). The Vols didn't have any business winning that game. They gave up almost a third of a MILE in rushing yards. Football is a funny game...

Not to mention they ran 96 plays to Tennessee's 59 plays.

But often times, that's what happens to a run-heavy team that doesn't get any big plays and has inefficient drives...Margin for error goes way down....Case in point, they had 3 separate drives for a total of 23 plays and 175 yards that they got exactly 0 points from....2 fumbles and a missed FG.

The Vols rush defense is pathetic! It;s not like they had all summer to prepare for techs running attack. Took Norm Parker only a few weeks to figure it out

C'mon, Norm Parker was coaching against the triple option, veer, and what ever else you want to call it since the 1970's. He knew exactly how to defense it but the main thing was getting his knowledge into the players heads and man those players reacted perfectly. Except for that pick 6 and the fake FG try which was almost a disaster the hawks played almost flawlessly.

Latest posts